Author Topic: Pillow  (Read 2733 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Pillow
« Reply #15 on: 18:27:11, 09/10/19 »
I understand 'nasty little bar steward' a neat way of putting it, haven't heard that one before but I don't get the connection about 'Wroclaw. Poland?'

Anyway, I bought myself a Sea to Summit blow-up pillow a while ago and its served me well, a bit expensive at the time, it was an impulse buy, something I rarely do. I use a soft Thermarest pillowcase over it which makes the comfort of it even better. Oddly though, I have no recollection whatsoever as to where I bought the pillowcase when I bought it or did I buy it at all? In my mind, it just seemed to appear from nowhere.

I also own a Sea to Summit flexible bowel and when its time for sleep I just put all my clothes in the bowl and put my pillow on top. I just like that little bit of extra head height. In the morning I just put the bowl full of clothes directly into my rucksack so I know exactly where they are when I need them. This bowl is so useful, its a real jack of all trades!

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 19:03:45, 09/10/19 »

I also own a Sea to Summit flexible bowel ………………..

Does it cause any problems compared to 'normal' bowels ?

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 19:05:24, 09/10/19 »
Does it cause any problems compared to 'normal' bowels ?
No - its quite flexible that way.
Solvitur Ambulando

Nomad32

« Reply #18 on: 21:51:37, 09/10/19 »
I use a dry bag with a down jacket in it. I like the idea of using a buff as a pillow case

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 22:48:14, 09/10/19 »
I don't get the connection about 'Wroclaw. Poland?'

Simples. I looked at the spammer's link (now mercifully deleted), noted the name of the store and did a search for it that brought up their website, on which I found their address.

Pillow? I fold my fleece jumper in half, push it carefully into my sleeping bag stuff sack, and then fold my lightweight down jacket in half and push that in on top of the jumper.
Being a waterpproof stuffsack with a top that is rolled over three times, I can make sure that just the right amount of air is trapped inside it to give the pillow the right thickness and firmness. The soft side with the down jacket is really comfortable to lay my head on.

It ties in with the old saying that every piece of backpacking equipment should have two uses.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 23:18:21, 09/10/19 »
It ties in with the old saying that every piece of backpacking equipment should have two uses.
  I feel a whole new thread brewing  :)
Solvitur Ambulando

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 09:20:52, 10/10/19 »
  I feel a whole new thread brewing  :)

Scratching my head to come up with anything else actually  :-[
All I can think of is that the karabiner that clips my map case to my rucksack is also used to hang my little lantern up.

Pitboot

« Reply #22 on: 09:34:28, 10/10/19 »
Your spare socks can be used as emergency gloves if you lose your proper gloves.
Buffs have several uses, sweat rag, hat, emergency wound dressing.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 10:23:54, 10/10/19 »
Of an evening,  I have used my boots to keep a bottle upright on uneven ground.
Solvitur Ambulando

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 14:06:17, 10/10/19 »
Of an evening,  I have used my boots to keep a bottle upright on uneven ground.

;D ;D ;D
I really didn't think boots could have an alternative use, but now you have come up with one!

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 14:41:39, 10/10/19 »
I use my boots in my tent as a spacer between the end of my tent and the top edge of my mattress. it stops my head touching the tent inner if I move about in the night. I use one boot to hold my mobile phone upright if I want to check the time and my other boot is used to hold a small bottle of water in case I need a drink in the night.

I carry a small folding plastic cup on the outside of my rucksack. To drink water from and once a day used to swish my razor in when I am shaving. I always clean it thoroughly after use.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy