Author Topic: What walks have you got planned?  (Read 12249 times)

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Re: What walks have you got planned?
« Reply #30 on: 09:15:08, 09/05/07 »
In regard to pictures, same here, I feel silly saying to my mate - "Here, take a quick picture of me!"  ::)

I'm not kidding about the stoney beaches, they were a proper killer.  We were hiking up the coast, and asked a couple of walkers what the path was like a little further up - "Make it easy on yourself," they said, "stay away from the cliff tops and walk on the beach, wish we had!"  So we did, for 4 miles!  Nothing but stones (and the occassional fallen World War II look-out post).  I felt thoughroughly p**sed off by the end, which was a shame as it was the last four miles of the walk.  Oh well, live and learn.  :D

I'm at work at the mo, but I'll post a couple of taster pcitures when I get back home, might even post a picture of a seal we saw!  ;)

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 20:36:38, 09/05/07 »
In regard to pictures, same here, I feel silly saying to my mate - "Here, take a quick picture of me!"  ::)

I'm at work at the mo, but I'll post a couple of taster pcitures when I get back home, might even post a picture of a seal we saw!  ;)

Well we usually take two camera's, so he's in shot on some of mine, I;m in shot on some of his. I'd post that one (set my avatar) but frankly that one is too embarrasing. Ofcourse getting someone else to take the picture solves that one as you get two cringeworthy expressions for the price of one.

Cool. Looking forward to it.
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 20:57:12, 16/05/07 »
Well Castleton didn't happen, cos the car which was supposed to be ready early on wasn't. Still Castleton and edale aren't going anywhere soon.

As the weather looks a bit 'undecided' this weekend we're looking at somewhere else (plus have some approach shoes to break in, so nothing too heavy). Plus I'm not a huge fan of realy strong winds (I need to held onto whats left of my hair - at 35 as well it's a crime!)

Two possibles Froggat / Curbar Edge and Bigmoor or Eyam Moor with maybe a trip to the village after we've finished. We'll check the forecast and make a decision after a few beers Friday night.

Will do a report ofcourse.
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 08:51:32, 17/05/07 »
It's disappointing when a walk doesn't come off, for whatever reasons.  I feel the same about my 40 hike that didn't quite pan out.  But as you say, the trail is still, it hasn't gone anywhere ..  ;)

I had a friend over last night, who's just moved to Leeds and has kindly offered to arrange a few walks in the Peaks, Dales and Moors, and so the Blister man might be walking west for a change .. will keep you posted on that  ;D

I'm a biy busy over the next few weeks, but I might (just might) be able to squeeze one more walk in.  There's a famous local walk, the Beverley 20, that begins virtually on my doorstep (well, the Humber Bridge anyway), and I might have a crack at that.  I'll have to see if I can squeeze a free day somewhere.

Alas, just not enough hours in the day or days in the week  ::)

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 18:45:43, 19/05/07 »
I know what you mean about not enough hours in the day. I'd like to get out next week, but I'm on call unless some kind soul will swap with me.

We didn't complete the full walk we intended today, but I'll put a report up anyway. I was breaking in my NF Hedgehogs which aquitted themselves well, very comfortable. Was a little over 5 miles in total which is well down on what we normally do. You'll find out why when I post the report.

Dazza
--------

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 23:25:41, 20/05/07 »
Now posted to the Peak Distrct Section.

Eyam moor.
Dazza
--------

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 13:35:18, 22/05/07 »
Hoping to stay in a summit shealter in wales this weekend.  Called Cadair Idris i need to get a bivi bag which i haven't got. found one on Go outdoors for £25 pounds which is not bad it's a Trekmates Bivi Bag
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 16:43:10, 27/05/07 »
Mam Tor circuit, Castleton. Now posted in Peak district section.

Not as sucessfull as we'd like as major traffic problems prevented us getting there in anything like a good time. Still warmed us up nice for next time.
Dazza
--------

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 23:02:47, 26/06/07 »
At some stage we'll be doing Curbar and Frogatt Edge. This was supposed to be a few weeks ago but weather (as we're all far too familiar with of late) stopped play. I'm on call now for a few weeks as well so unless we can get a week day in it'll be a while.

Instead I've posted a report a walk we did a while ago. One I rememebr very well as I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bamford Moor.
Dazza
--------

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: 20:38:18, 08/07/07 »
Well it's been two months or there abouts since our last trek out due to work commitments and the flipping weather.

So to break ourselves in gently we're doing a 6-7 mile jaunt on Kinder, going up the ladder.

If you see someone dying up there, don't worry it's only me. I always look like that.
Dazza
--------

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: 21:52:27, 12/07/07 »
We are just hoping that we can get  anywhere in the Lakes this weekend. We are currently on with our second round of the 214 "Wainwrights" and we are only just over halfway there.

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: 19:43:11, 15/07/07 »
Welcome to the forum kidstypike! Hope you enjoy it here.

After almost two months since our last walk (weather, work, and more weather) we did Kinder Scout going up the ladder (and down it again as it happened). So we've had two months off and getting unfit, so then we do that and walk much further than we intended to into the bargain.

When everything stops aching I'll post a report in the Peak District section.

Still my first mountain. So having celebratory drink or five, well it eases the pain. My excuse and I'm sticking to it.  ;D
« Last Edit: 19:45:46, 15/07/07 by Dazza »
Dazza
--------

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: 12:01:14, 16/07/07 »
We are just hoping that we can get  anywhere in the Lakes this weekend. We are currently on with our second round of the 214 "Wainwrights" and we are only just over halfway there.

Well we made it on Sunday. Not to exciting though. The wife wanted a valley walk but I managed to get her up Raven Crag (Thirlmere) first.

Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/index.htm

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: 22:20:49, 16/07/07 »
Part one of the Kinder Scout trip now posted.
Dazza
--------

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: 21:58:00, 17/07/07 »
Part 2 of the kinder walk posted. You'll have to let me know if you prefer this style.

Part 3 in a few days.
Dazza
--------

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy