Author Topic: Hello - From Essex  (Read 850 times)

branchini1979

Hello - From Essex
« on: 10:34:30, 23/12/19 »
Hi everyone,

My name is Lee and I am someone who loves the outdoors, but who really does not get the chance to do as much as I would like.
I particularly like Hill walking which is annoying considering I live in the flatness that is East Anglia!!!
I am unfortunately at an age where a lot of my friends have young children and cannot join me on hikes, so I tend to go by myself which is fine but would love to know where I can go to join people for some hikes.

I recently this year climbed Ben Nevis by myself via the CMD arete route in torrential rain but I did it, and this year, I am looking to stay between Helvellyn & Scafell Pike in the late spring/summer and climb both of them over a few days. I plan at the moment to do this myself but if anyone would like to join me that would be great :)

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
Re: Hello - From Essex
« Reply #1 on: 11:55:29, 23/12/19 »
Welcome to the forum. I sympathise, we live in Suffolk! So annoying when you have to drive well over 3 hours to get any decent hills. We did both Ben Nevis and Scafell Pike last year ( and Snowdon) but not all at once! It’s difficult to train for walks like that here. We tend to do more miles to make up for the lack of gradients.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:18:35, 23/12/19 »
Welcome to the forum from South Cumbria - no lack of hills where I live - even popping down to the shops involves a return slog up a 1 in 7 hill!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:45:47, 23/12/19 »
Welcome from Aberdeenshire. There is no shortage of hills here. Our local hill, Bennachie, is less than 5 miles away and we are not far from the edge of the Cairngorms National Park.  I now just need to get over injuries and flu, so that I can take advantage.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 13:23:41, 23/12/19 »
A warm welcome from Lincolnshire.
We have loads of hills around here, one lot live 4 doors away.
Undulations are a better way to describe this county, though it can have its moments.
Too little, too late, too bad......

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 13:24:55, 23/12/19 »
Welcome from Manchester  :)

East Anglia - far from optimal  :(
There will probably be others here who could join you in the Lake District when the time comes.

lostme1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 18:23:42, 23/12/19 »
Welcome from another Essex resident
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 07:31:21, 28/12/19 »
Hi branchini & welcome from the Peak District O0

Tracey :)