Author Topic: My best pic of the day  (Read 813912 times)

Fleegle

• Veteran Member
Re: My best pic of the day
« Reply #405 on: 19:59:42, 02/11/11 »
Not perhaps the best photograph as the depth of field was obstructed by a sheet of water, but it is the culmination of an ambition to walk behing the waterfall Sgwd yr Elra, which Mrs BWW and I did as part of a circuit of the falls last weekend.

I like that photo, taken from behind the sheet of water.     O0 O0 O0 O0

That would be one to try with flash, and a star filter, both together and seperately.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #406 on: 10:17:37, 03/11/11 »
Thanks for that advice, fleegle, if anyonelse wants to try it it would be well to go prepared with some water proofing for the camera, I took two shots whilst behind the waterfall and landed up using most of the tissues we carry mopping up.

I am working on a TR for our to the Pontneddfechain waterfalls as the passage behind the falls was part of our route and I failed to find any walking directions other an outdated TR and tourist data.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

maen amor

« Reply #407 on: 11:02:43, 03/11/11 »
love the waterfall piccie.... O0

Fleegle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #408 on: 23:04:31, 03/11/11 »
Thanks for that advice, fleegle, if anyonelse wants to try it it would be well to go prepared with some water proofing for the camera, I took two shots whilst behind the waterfall and landed up using most of the tissues we carry mopping up.

You're welcome.

One of the great things about photography is, you can experiment. Particularly with digital photography, because you can shoot away and view on the computer at no real cost, other than time....     :D

I love experimenting. Yes, I have a lot of flops (there would be something wrong if I didn't), but by making a note of what you've done, you can perfect the shot...    O0

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #409 on: 15:31:39, 04/11/11 »
This was my best pic yesterday, alongside the Severnway, near Shrewsbury, there used to be the visible remains of this fish weir. I grew up near here and we always called it the Salmon Trap. Yesterday I spent the afternoon in the county archives, taking photo's for another project, of old maps on the micro-fiche. Focus not too good but the images are a useful record.

Then I stumbled across this map of the old fish weir almost as it might have been, when it was being used to trap fish on the river Severn around 1880.

In the tenancy agreement of the farm that my great grandfather signed there was an agreement that he would not feed Salmon to his men more than 3 times a week and I think this structure had something to do with that rather strange codicil in a farm tenancy agreement.

Can anyone suggest a way that I can reverse the black & white, I have Photoshop elements but have failed to figure out a way to do it.

This morning the light on the river was beautiful, not by any means my best photo as it was taken at the limits of the telephoto capacity of my camera but it shows an image of what, I think, access is all about.

The canoueist had just launched on my side of the river, but his dog had run over the footbridge above to the other side.

He steadies the canoe as the dog is about to jump.
BWW

histman

« Reply #410 on: 22:41:47, 04/11/11 »
Hi BWW
Interesting post as always.
I would use Irfanview - a free image viewer and editor. I use it all the time. Very flexible.
You can get it here:

http://www.irfanview.com/ [nofollow]

I opened up your image and then chose Image>Negative. That's all!!

I use Irfanview for capturing maps from old-maps.co.uk. It's great for removing the watermark!
Best wishes
« Last Edit: 10:28:13, 05/11/11 by histman »

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #411 on: 09:56:53, 05/11/11 »
Hi BWW
Interesting post as always.
I would use Irfanview - a free image viewer and editor. I use it all the time. Very flexible.
You can get it here:

http://www.irfanview.com/

I use Irfanview for capturing maps from old-maps.co.uk. It's great for removing the watermark!
Best wishes

Thanks histman and welcome here, I will try irfanview.

Another image from the banks of the river Severn, the puppy has come back to his owners grasp after enjoying the fallen leaves.

BWW

histman

« Reply #412 on: 10:31:22, 05/11/11 »
Really like the reflection in the water.
Have fixed the link to your microfiche map in my previous post as it seemed to be not working this morning.

Fleegle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #413 on: 10:42:31, 05/11/11 »
barewirewalker, super photo and absolutely perfect reflection.     O0

Cotswold Stroller

« Reply #414 on: 15:20:44, 05/11/11 »
A policeman seen directing traffic just outside Bala.

I wouldn't trust this man with a  TV remote control!
Never mind directing traffic! ;D

and he was having a go at me for wearing a Greenock Town council Traffic Warden's outfit!.
"To be awake is to be alive."

troy

bi plane
« Reply #415 on: 20:06:55, 06/11/11 »
Ive been shocked to almost falling by tornadoes in the highlands, but never seen a biplane amongst the hills before - this is of it flying behind beinn a ghlo near blair atholl

http://blog.mtn-m.co.uk/
Last night while I laid starring at the stars, I wondered.....where the hell is my ceiling!!!!

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #416 on: 22:03:22, 06/11/11 »
A walk in Normanby Park (near Scunthorpe) this morning.

Ilona

Fleegle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #417 on: 04:47:38, 07/11/11 »
Lovely autumn view Ilona.

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #418 on: 22:32:15, 07/11/11 »
Thank you. Autumn is lovely anywhere. I like the twisted trees.  O0
Ilona

Sleepy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #419 on: 11:56:40, 08/11/11 »
 :o thats certainly nothing like how I picture Scunthorpe when people mention it :D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy