Author Topic: Smart walking shoes (are Brashers worth it - is there something better?)  (Read 2540 times)

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
Nothing to be surprised about.
Lots of us no doubt, have bought clothing over the years, some gets more wear than others.
In my case, some clothing that seemed a good idea at the time, got very little wear.

Ive been thinking about those Merrell boots for quite a few years, every time ive had to buy some new footwear.

Their the perfect summer boot, when the weather is dry, and blimey their still like a pair of slippers, having been sitting on a wardrobe top shelf for over 25yrs.

No signs of the sole coming away, which usually happens when the adhesive dries out over the years.

Only issue now, what walk do i Cristen them on ?

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Up and down your garden, a trip to the pub, go to the supermarket with your wife. Something special like this!

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
I recon the full Rhinog traverse will see me in my boots for the first time.
Ive worn them around the house for a few days, and being a soft canvas, their like a pair of soft welcoming slippers, so cosy i do not want to take them off.
In hindsight i think losing them for 27yrs was a bonus, i now have something to look forward to come springtime.

tonyk

• Veteran Member

A gorgeous Burrbery raincoat, was yours for £100, and their polo styled sweat shirts, a £5 each.

I still have four of them, one is still in its plastic wrapping, and i cannot see anything wrong with it.

Raincoats or sweat shirts ?

Yes,you are right about Burberry and snobbery.I don't wear the label as I don't want people thinking I am a chav.

NeilC

• Veteran Member
This may be a silly thing, but I'm going out to buy myself some new work shoes - normally I buy fairly standard clarks black leather shoes and wear with a suit.

As I'm trying to get out and walk during my lunchtimes I was wondering whether there was something a little more sturdy but still smart enough for the office. This is I know somewhat ridiculous - theres no reason not to go for a stroll on tarmac pavements and paved pathways in the shoes I typically buy. I did however see an advert for brashers:
https://www.millets.co.uk/footwear/250743-brasher-mens-country-classic-walking-shoe-brown.html
and that got me thinking. These however are brown and I dont really know whether they're just shoes and nothing but shoes but just sold alongside walking boots.

I wouldn't wear those with a suit myself, unless I was a geography teacher on the verge of retirement  ;)

I'd be more inclined to have proper smart shoes and keep a pair of trainers in  my desk draw to walk in at lunch.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy