Author Topic: Anyone here using a Deuter Air Contact backpack?  (Read 890 times)

Litehiker

Here in the US Deuter seems to be about the most popular non-US brand. Deuter is a German company with packs made in Vietnam, like Osprey.
I have a Deuter Air Contact Light 65+10 for winter camping to carry bulkier gear. And Osprey EXOS 58 is my summer backpack.
Plus I got and Air Contact Light 50+ 10 for my oldest grandson who is growing like a weed. That series of packs has a nicely adjustable harness.

How many on this forums an Air Contact Deuter pack? 

Eric B.

« Last Edit: 19:27:06, 02/05/20 by Litehiker »

Bhod

• Veteran Member
Re: Anyone here using a Deuter Air Contact backpack?
« Reply #1 on: 06:48:55, 02/05/20 »
Nope not an Air Contact owner but my go to bag is the Deuter Guide 35+.  Not the lightest of bags out there, no added bells and whistes so to speak, a distinct lack of side pockets, but almost bomproof and the most comfortable pack I've ever carried.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 09:21:04, 02/05/20 »
Use a Deuter Pace, a lighter weight version of the Guide for winter day pack. Very comfortable and we'll made, shovel pocket and ski carrying straps. All for under a kg.

Booga

« Reply #3 on: 17:37:01, 14/07/20 »
I've had a Deuter Futura 28 pack for years, had no problems with it and it's been used for day hikes, as a "cabin" sized bag for flying, and for taking lunch to work. It's very well made and I'd certainly consider Deuter packs again.

When I proessed returned items for an outdoor retailer we saw very few Deuter packs returned compared to other brands, and to see one with any kind of fault or damage was rare indeed.

Litehiker

« Reply #4 on: 18:59:31, 14/07/20 »
Good to hear the positive reviews on Deuter packs.

Deuter has virtually all their packs made in Vietnam. Osprey has even moved their HQ to Vietnam and then Osprey began paying their workers much more along with a benefits plan. Deuter and other western outdoor gear makers there quickly followed suit. Good for them.

HISTORICAL NOTE:A few years after the end of the Vietnam war China invaded northern Vietnam in a land grab. Vietnam responded with their reserve troops (not front line troops) and kicked the PLA's ass. It was very embarrassing for China. With greatly improved US - Vietnam relations Pesident Obama agreed to sell Vietnam needed arms for a modernization program. THEN China claimed a huge "Cow's Tongue" shaped area of the South China Sea claiming territorial waters of several bordering S.E. Asian nations. Now these nations are looking to theUS for a "balance" to China's new power plays.

So China is "persona non grata" with many of these S.E Asian nations - not to mention India's shock and anger over the recent border incursion by China and China's abrasive relations with Australia and Japan.
Finally, there is news that many western nations are shifting production away from China to bordering nations. Maybe "The Central People's Mankind Republic"  needs to re-think their "Wolf Warrior" resurgence policies. Jus' sayin'...

But I digress - and digress upon my digressions. 
Eric B.
« Last Edit: 19:08:46, 14/07/20 by Litehiker »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy