Author Topic: Haglofs walking gear  (Read 1379 times)

walking-books

• Veteran Member
Haglofs walking gear
« on: 22:57:54, 22/06/08 »
Was out walking when I noticed a group of guys wearing gear from a manufacturer I'd never noticed before...Haglofs.

Anyone had any experience of their stuff? Cheers.
Mike

www.walking-books.com
Books, guides and maps on Britain's best scenic walks

Come and have a chat on Twitter - walkingbookscom

muymalestado

Re: Haglofs walking gear
« Reply #1 on: 19:42:58, 23/06/08 »
Uh-huh!  Wife has some and says it is real good: another manufacturer that knows how to charge till the pips squeak.  As with most items, some fit well some don't, so a blanket judgement probably isn't possible.
I think this next one will be the top ...

snowslider

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:23:59, 23/06/08 »
I have a lot of Haglöfs gear, I'm not entirely sure I'd describe it as walking gear. I use it as alpine wear and it's pretty common where I live, it's used by people climbing, ski touring and snow shoeing. I have a Spitz proshell jacket, some base layers and mid layer tops, a barrier microfill jacket, some omni2 mountaineering trousers and a few other bits and pieces. What items are you looking at and where would you use them?

walking-books

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 15:18:00, 30/06/08 »
Thanks for that - it was a general enquiry snowslider rather than anything in particular - Just hadn't come across the name before until I passed a few guys wearing Haglofs during a walk in the Dales.

I'd be using them for just general walking in the UK.
Mike

www.walking-books.com
Books, guides and maps on Britain's best scenic walks

Come and have a chat on Twitter - walkingbookscom

snowslider

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:02:43, 30/06/08 »
I've changed my mind  :)

I've just been wearing the spitz and base layer in Wales and it was ideal. However, if I didn't ski tour and it wasn't perfect for that I might have looked at something else.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy