Author Topic: Salomon Revo GCS GTX boots?  (Read 3901 times)

echo

Salomon Revo GCS GTX boots?
« on: 20:03:17, 01/07/08 »
has anyone got/used the Salomon revo gcs gtx boots?

if so, are they anygood? do they get hot, or are they breathable? how waterproof are they? are they comfortable?

Mr Sam

Re: Salomon Revo GCS GTX boots?
« Reply #1 on: 21:09:48, 01/07/08 »
Comfort depends greatly on the shape of your feet. A boot I would fine comfortable may very well leave your feet blistered and red.

On the other factors I don't know. But try and wear the pair you were thinking of buying to see if it is comfortable.
"I've run out of map... Hold on"

muymalestado

« Reply #2 on: 09:43:30, 02/07/08 »
My Salomon boots (a previous model) are clodhoppers at over a kilo each one including the footpad insert, but they are a solid platform for each next step.  I never get wet feet nor any other foot problem in them. The quality is there but the legs have to lift it.  However, if the fit is wrong for you it doesn't matter how well made they might be.  And they would be hot for those with warm feet.
I think this next one will be the top ...

Snowman

« Reply #3 on: 12:24:22, 02/07/08 »
I had a pair of Salomon X-Adventure boots (about 10 years old now), which were great except that they didn't have much in the way of toe protection.    This once resulted in a painful moment while on the rocky Glyders.   But everyone I've ever spoken to who had a pair loved them.

I've also got the boots that replaced these, which have a much higher ankle cuff.    The problem was that this was really uncomfortable so I haven't worn them much and stuck with my original boots.

Compared to my usual walking colleague, the soles of my boots have worn considerable more.   However I'm 6'4" and about 15 stone while he's a midget with the build of a gnat so that might explain why.

S.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy