Author Topic: Are there specific reasons why you don't buy some products?  (Read 1789 times)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Mountain Warehouse, and Trespass, are quite good for bits and bobs. I won’t be buying footwear or clothing from them though.

I have a synthetic padded gilet and a few 'isocool' baselayers from Mountain Warehouse; pleased with them. In fact I was wearing one of the latter yesterday.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Percy

• Veteran Member

I have a synthetic padded gilet and a few 'isocool' baselayers from Mountain Warehouse; pleased with them. In fact I was wearing one of the latter yesterday.
Probably a bit harsh from me on their clothing - as I own none so don’t really know. A bit snobbish I guess. I do own plenty of stuff from Decathlon and like it.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Exactly so. The brighter the better when you're laying in a gully with a broken leg and the SAR helicopter is hovering overhead.

Talking of which, the Sea Kings were painted 'gaudy' bright yellow.

I'll never go into a Mountain Warehouse shop full stop!  ;)
Why not?

I buy my Gators from Mountain Warehouse.  Only place I have ever found that do a hard decent pair that fit.  O0

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
No stores I won't buy from.  I buy my winter walking trousers from Trespass. Realy warm and very waterproof.

I buy my base layers, walking shoes and sports socks from Sports direct. My summer waterproof Jacket is a Trago mills cheepo one. My winter jackets are ME, from Cotswold out doors. My boots and most of my climbing gear is from Go Outdoors. My walking socks are from Peacocks. 

Basically as I have only been back walking and climbing for about 6 years I am still experimenting and prepared to try most brands and items.  If I find one that works then I will buy it again. 

Perhaps surprisingly much of what works for me is from the cheaper brands and stores. I' m happy with that.

Slowcoach

• Veteran Member
Generally I tend to avoid gear that appears to me to be way over priced against similar items from other reputable suppliers
It's all uphill from here.

Mel

• Veteran Member
I don't like to buy things with hoods, unless they detach or roll away into the collar.  Annoying, pointless, flappy things.  The only place a hood is any use is on an outer waterproof shell.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy