Author Topic: Drybags  (Read 4490 times)

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
Drybags
« on: 14:36:08, 01/03/07 »
Found these drybags called Exped fold drybags not try ed them out as of yet.  But as they where cheap starting price at £2.99 for the xxs and £7.49 for the xxL where Ellis brigham they start at £10.99 for a 5 litre and £32.99 for a 55litre which is expensive. As we got  1 XXL 1 Medium 1 XSmall and 2 XL for the price of £35.00 from backpackinglight see  link below  and free jelly babies as we could not eat the jelly babies because where vegetarian i still thought it was cute of them to send us them

www.backpackinglight.co.uk

The ones in Ellisbrigham were from Seal Line and like i said where expensive please post your reviews on these thank you if you have try ed any of them  ;D ;D
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

M J B

Re: Drybags
« Reply #1 on: 22:14:09, 10/03/07 »
I use tesco rubble sacks £2.50 (i think) for 10! Not had any problems.

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 23:00:36, 11/03/07 »
I do use the tesco's rubble sacks.  But as i would like to put my sleeping bag in it i think the tescos rubble sacks well be too small.  But like i said i do use the tesco rubble bags and think there really good the bags i was on about  are for putting sleeping bag and that in. ;D
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 00:32:41, 20/09/07 »
??? can i ask what are tescos rubble bags? and what do you use them for?
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:22:21, 20/09/07 »
??? can i ask what are tescos rubble bags? and what do you use them for?

Putting rubble in, perhaps - heh heh  ;)

Seriously I think they're used for as covers, like as WalkingGirl says, for putting her sleeping bag in.  Wish I'd thought of it to be honest as I use ex-military sacks and compression sacks, and my latest one cost me £7.00!

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:34:39, 20/09/07 »
yeh ive got a dry sack from BLACKS for a tenner, i keep mi clothes in it,in mi r/sac.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

kkm

« Reply #6 on: 22:38:54, 20/09/07 »
we bought so stuff sacks from millets to put our clothes in for the walk, and i also used a bag which i lined my rucksac with from millets, bright orange in colour, and very sturdy - cost about 3 quid. was very grateful that i did when it was persisiting down on the penine way! ;D

we also bought some small washbags from tesco, £1 each, which were handy for keeping small stuff like first aid kit and wash stuff together and dry  :)

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 16:21:14, 21/09/07 »
??? can i ask what are tesco rubble bags? and what do you use them for?
I personnel use for putting clothes in or sleeping bags there like bin bag but stronger. They acted like a rain cover but inside of your rucksack.

clean it bin it

Mr Sam

« Reply #8 on: 23:53:24, 04/05/08 »
I've got three of those Exped Dry fold bags. A Small, a Large and a Extra Large.
They all seem to work even when I put one in my shower (just to test it).
Although the XL is a bit to big for my sleeping bag and my L is to small for my sleeping bag. You just can't win can you.
"I've run out of map... Hold on"

timus

« Reply #9 on: 18:18:44, 06/05/08 »
I spent a few weeks up in the Arctic Circle - nearly 20 years ago now - with my snug-pack wrapped in an old ICI fertiliser sack.. it was brilliant! I even went downhill sledging on it :)

mrt

« Reply #10 on: 19:31:02, 06/05/08 »
Hi All

Check out www.alpkit.co.uk [nofollow] i have used their kit they do cheap dry bags  :) O0

titaniumdude

« Reply #11 on: 23:26:42, 06/05/08 »
Rubble sacks are good, but I do like those exped thingies.  They are really light and pretty cheap.  Anything I desperately don't want to get wet goes into one (I've got a few different sizes and they're good for keeping stuff in the lid of your sack dry) and everything else goes into a rubble sack.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy