Author Topic: A Blast from the Past!  (Read 18990 times)

JulianC

• Veteran Member
Re: A Blast from the Past!
« Reply #45 on: 20:19:53, 27/02/11 »
Breeches were all the rage at one time and were very practical. 8)

O0 Works for me.

I may well be rocking that look in 2011.

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: 21:06:16, 27/02/11 »
Ive been away with no internet for a few days and so have only just seen this thread; brill photos Julie, it really says something that you are happy to share a glimpse of your past without meeting us face to face (yet). I hope you don't mind me cautioning you about putting your email out on a public forum though? all the best  O0
Thanks  for the comments, don't use that email address for any other use so if it gets spammed no hardship. Have my own domain names, lots of them and unlimited email addresses to play with. If its breaking the rules I am sorry and can remove it.
Julie

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: 21:09:04, 27/02/11 »
If you guys are going out in plus fours, what do us girls wear? Do I need to get a tweed skirt and a twin set?? Well done Julie, you've really started something here  ;D ;D

Thanks,nice to bring some joy to the forum.  Will have to share a photo of me in cords on the side of Cheddar Gorge. 
Julie

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: 21:10:44, 27/02/11 »
Breeches were all the rage at one time and were very practical. 8)

The chap with his foot on the stile is Earnest Marples. Minister for Transport in 1962.

These are two of my old pics from RAF MRT times.
When I was walking 25 years ago they were still being worn by group members.
Julie

Alex Quinn

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: 21:12:30, 27/02/11 »
If you guys are going out in plus fours, what do us girls wear?

A frock?

lovinit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: 21:13:38, 27/02/11 »
I wear breeches quite often , usually when I'm on my horse! Can't imagine going for a walk in them  :o .

Somehow if you're called Earnest Marples, you were born to wear breeches and have your foot on a stile  ;D

No one can go back in time & make a brand new beginning, but anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.

yeti

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: 21:15:46, 27/02/11 »
Hey MadMax yes some where up north :) I can't wait to meet a few of you and could do with a good laugh and some excitement.  Not sure when though as need some income.   :(
Julie
I'm sure when you decide on a meet, you'll find a lift if you ask. Not sure where you are or what walks your looking at, but your welcome to a lift if its pheasable O0 .
R.I.P. Dave.

yeti

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: 21:22:14, 27/02/11 »
...and good luck with the job hunting O0
R.I.P. Dave.

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: 21:31:33, 27/02/11 »
I'm sure when you decide on a meet, you'll find a lift if you ask. Not sure where you are or what walks your looking at, but your welcome to a lift if its pheasable O0 .

Thanks for the offer but kind of out the way down here in Leicestershire.  I am open to any part of the country but will have to take it easy as its been a while since I did any hill walking. Its rolling hills round here, 5-10 miles around here is like a stroll in the park to you northeners.  :)
Julie

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: 21:36:06, 27/02/11 »
...and good luck with the job hunting O0
Thanks.  Having had no work this week, I find myself with 3 computer jobs next week, just unfortunate that the brakes broke on the car today so its the garage first.  Have a feeling that its going to be busy. Most of my work is removing viruses, got a nasty one to terminate, one I haven't seen before. Like a challenge bit like climbing a mountain. lol.
Julie

yeti

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: 21:40:00, 27/02/11 »
Thanks for the offer but kind of out the way down here in Leicestershire.  I am open to any part of the country but will have to take it easy as its been a while since I did any hill walking. Its rolling hills round here, 5-10 miles around here is like a stroll in the park to you northeners.  :)
Julie
Na its pretty flat here. Not all of Yorkshire is pennines. Wolds are nearer but they're pretty tame. I tend to travel for walks. Leicester would be on the way to South Wales. Or maybe don't mind travelling a bit further to pick up for Peek District etc. If your stuck put it up and someone maybe able to assist O0 . Friendily bunch on here O0 . If you see my name on a walk you want to attend, if its not to far out the way shout!!! Okay?

R.I.P. Dave.

Uncle Grumpy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: 21:46:33, 27/02/11 »
Thank you for your sharing Julie, this is a lovely thread.  It is a pleasure to read
your story and it's good to say hello to you. 

Well said.

Don't worry,  knitware-wise you've nothing to worry about...

yeti

• Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: 22:03:02, 27/02/11 »

Well said.

Don't worry,  knitware-wise you've nothing to worry about...
Thats my mums best!! ;D
And she made me wear them...surely thats child abuse? ;D
R.I.P. Dave.

PistonPete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #58 on: 22:54:31, 27/02/11 »
Zig Zaggy one for me please, it'll go with my hat  O0
Walk

yeti

• Veteran Member