Author Topic: Circular Walk Recommendations South Wales  (Read 1275 times)

UrbanBumpkin

Circular Walk Recommendations South Wales
« on: 19:58:45, 20/09/17 »
Hi hope you can help.

I was after any recommendations for a circular walk approx 15-20 miles in South Wales. I was thinking Brecon / Monmouth as the group is coming from London and the North West.

We've done Castleton in the Peaks several times (our usual annual walk) and need an alternative.

Ideally we're looking to stay somewhere not to far from the walk in a place with a couple / few pubs. We'd be staying a couple of nights heading down Friday night heading back Sunday lunchtime

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

NeilC

• Veteran Member
Re: Circular Walk Recommendations South Wales
« Reply #1 on: 18:18:02, 24/09/17 »
Hi hope you can help.

I was after any recommendations for a circular walk approx 15-20 miles in South Wales. I was thinking Brecon / Monmouth as the group is coming from London and the North West.

We've done Castleton in the Peaks several times (our usual annual walk) and need an alternative.

Ideally we're looking to stay somewhere not to far from the walk in a place with a couple / few pubs. We'd be staying a couple of nights heading down Friday night heading back Sunday lunchtime

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I recently did one, based on one recommended to me on this forum

Starting from Llandbedr which is near Crickhowell:

Table Mountain
Pen Cerrig-calch
Pen Allt-mawr
Mynydd Llysiau
Waun Fach
Pen y Gadair Fawr
Pen Twyn Mawr
Crug Mawr
Bleu-yr-henbant

...and back to Llanbedr

it's entirely obvious on the map https://binged.it/2fJ3HIX

Not entirely sure of the distance but I'd guess about 12 miles, certainly a decent day's walk. We split it up over two days but then we didn't get there until about midday and camped pretty early so defo doable in a day. it would be very easy to extend or shorten it. There's a pub in Llanbedr and parking.

I come from the M4 direction too so was looking for something quick to get to compared to my normal Dartmoor treks.
« Last Edit: 18:53:42, 24/09/17 by NeilC »

eddycreative

Re: Circular Walk Recommendations South Wales
« Reply #2 on: 14:13:27, 09/10/17 »
Big fan of Pen Cerrig-calch !

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy