Author Topic: Hiking and AirBnB  (Read 904 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Hiking and AirBnB
« on: 20:47:57, 24/09/18 »
I've never used AirBnB so I know nothing about it, or how it works. Has anyone used them for overnights stays? I'm off to Rye tomorrow to hike for a couple of days on the Sussex Border Path and I just casually looked AirBnB up. I could see a £28 Rye overnighter which seems to be very reaonable and a £29 overnighter in Winchelsea just down the road.

Maybe in the winter I might check them out?

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: Hiking and AirBnB
« Reply #1 on: 20:59:32, 24/09/18 »
I've never used AirBnB while walking but I have used them in this country and abroad with no major problems.
AirBnB hold your money so the property owner doesn't get their hands on your cash if things go wrong.

Ronin83

« Reply #2 on: 21:41:59, 24/09/18 »
Used Airbnb loads when me n the missus do a weekend trip. Its been great and so cheap.

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 22:06:21, 24/09/18 »
We’ve stayed in a couple of Airbnbs for weekends walking in the Peak District. Worked fine. Have also used abroad a few times for a city break.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 22:51:47, 24/09/18 »
Not particularly for walking but have used them for general stopovers/short breaks - always worked well.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 23:07:35, 24/09/18 »
Used them to get somewhere to stay near Dufton when doing the PW.No problems.

My son uses them a lot for when he is working away from home. Never had a problem.
Too little, too late, too bad......

rosam

« Reply #6 on: 23:59:59, 25/09/18 »
I used a couple while doing Hadrian's Wall due to B&Bs along the way being full. Also I have used them for other trips / holidays. You get great ones, you get rubbish ones same as hotels. Read the reviews, and go with one that have excellent reviews if you can choose.

Ronin83

« Reply #7 on: 08:43:15, 27/09/18 »
Just make sure what you are and aren't getting, eg breakfast, bathrooms, parking space etc.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 16:32:54, 27/09/18 »
My daughter uses AirB&B a lot and swears by them. Some bargains to be had if you are careful. Watch out for additional charges though.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy