Author Topic: Sorbothane Insoles  (Read 4109 times)

Richard36

Sorbothane Insoles
« on: 19:58:25, 02/08/08 »
Hi

Would appreciate some advice

I've got some meindl approach type shoes which I've had for 4 years or so and thought it was about time I replaced the insoles. The only ones I've heard of are the Sorbothane ones. I only need them for cushioning. Would anyone recommend these or are there any which are better?

Thanks

Richard

the coot

Re: Sorbothane Insoles
« Reply #1 on: 13:57:08, 03/08/08 »
Mr Coot has some Sorbothane ones for his boots (double strike) and seems quite happy with them; he doesn't have a major over pronation problem so didn't need any correction and like you needed them only for cushioning. I use the flat ones (full strike, I think) under my orthoses in my running shoes. They seem to do the job. However, shop around pricewise.

muymalestado

« Reply #2 on: 14:09:37, 03/08/08 »
Bought a pair when there was only a choice of one type - 10 years ago or more.  Swapped them onto every boot or outdoor shoe I wore for single or multi-day outings.  Much frayed now I got a new pair which seems much like the last, and look forward to 10 years more heel-hassle-free walking.  Mrs got Super-Feet which are hard plastic and I cannot see them being quite so good.
I think this next one will be the top ...

the coot

« Reply #3 on: 15:18:49, 03/08/08 »
I tried Superfeet before I got custom orthoses. They are okay, they are supposed to be changed yearly/regularly so are not that cheap and I found the surface not good. If you have an overpronation problem it is better to see a podiartrist and get your feet checked out properly.

Snowman

« Reply #4 on: 10:03:39, 04/08/08 »
I used them because I found the insoles most manufacturers put in are rubbish.   They rarely provide any padding so now I always have a pair in my boots, especially while trekking when you're going to be living in your boots.   I buy a new pair for any new boot I get, so I don't forget them if I use a different boot.

I did once get persuaded to try those horrendously expensive inserts that are supposed to correct your foot position, but found them equally horrendous to wear.    That could just me the shape of my feet though.

Incidentally, I used to work with an ex-army Gent (to give you an idea of timescale he was in Kosovo), and he told me that a lot of the military chuck away their army issue boots, go to Altberg in Richmond for made to measure boots and put in a Sorbothane insert.

S.

johnhee

« Reply #5 on: 18:09:54, 23/08/08 »
I used Sorbothane for ages usually gettin about 2 years use. A couple of years back I found I was still getting sore feet at the end of a long back packing day and swicthed to Superfeet (green) Definiteley a step (lol) up. Still onthe same pair after 18mths use so can't comment on their durability as yet

macbloke

« Reply #6 on: 10:50:53, 19/10/08 »
Had sorbothane insoles and moved to superfeet greens when I bought new boots.  Don't know if it is the boots, the insoles or a combination of both but, wow, what a difference!

macbloke

bacon51

« Reply #7 on: 19:10:43, 20/10/08 »
To muymalestado and the coot, I know this is about Sorbothane insoles but here is some info on Superfeet as you mentioned : I bought a pair of Superfeet from Fishers in Keswick, to alleviate a painful foot due to pronation which is a twisting of the heel, ( that's just for other readers who may not know what it means.) They have been great and solved the problem. This does not mean that they are right for everybody. The best thing about buying them from George Fishers is that you can get your money back if they are no good for you.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy