Author Topic: Fashion walking  (Read 4695 times)

Dazza

• Veteran Member
Re: Fashion walking
« Reply #15 on: 17:14:34, 13/09/08 »
Ouch!!!

At least if you buy walking gear and give up after a while you have stuff you can use elsewhere. After all a waterproof jacket is just as effective in town as the hills.

Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

rattyc5

« Reply #16 on: 08:23:10, 14/09/08 »
do you not sweat sam?
when i first started out,i used cotton shirts and underwear but they arew not nice when wet.i sweat a lot and they just dont dry out properly when you stop.i always wear helly hansen baselayers and polyester t shirts.they keep you warm and dry out fast when stopped.i also use them for jogging.
cotton is a big no no.

springsoles

« Reply #17 on: 11:41:43, 14/09/08 »
Other than boots, untill you get to slightly more extreme conditions the 'brands' won't do much.
Want to increase endurance and eliminate shin splints?

Try the worlds only performance enhancing insole!

At - http://SPRINGSOLES.co.uk [nofollow]

Steelystan

« Reply #18 on: 18:16:01, 06/10/08 »
OT but relevant - a mate of mine has a 14 year old son, who decided he wanted to learn to play guitar. I've been playing guitar myself for over 30 years, so he approached me for advice.
I told him the best thing to do was to buy something like a mexican Fender guitar ( @£300 ) and a cheap amp for starters, then upgrade as his son got better and needed better gear.
Unfortunately my mate took the other option, and got his son a Gibson Les Paul and Marshall amp, which set him back over £2000 . . . .
His son got bored with the guitar after a few weeks, and moved on to a new hobby ( a PS3 . . .  ), leaving my mate with a barely used guitar and amp to sell at a loss . . . .

Been there and done it!  I'm about the same age as you, 45 and been playing for 28 years I 'spose, gave up live playing about 5 years ago having been in the same band for 11 years, (Semi pro musos are all like hookers - the works fine but the stairs kill you).  Learned to play the piano since and my son did the "Dad, I want a guitar!" thing.  I got him a Yamaha Pacifica and a little reverb combo.  Never touched it, despite showing immediate dexterity, but at least I didn't get him a PRS and a Boogie.

SS
178/214.

bacon51

« Reply #19 on: 15:13:14, 21/10/08 »
Mr sam re cotton t shirt. --- So you don't sweat then?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy