Author Topic: Photographer Quintin Lake walking round the British coastline.  (Read 2145 times)

GnP

• Veteran Member
Over the past five years the Cheltenham-based adventurer has been hiking the route in sections, and is due to finish next summer.
On the way he takes pictures and sells the prints to help fund the self-supported project.
He said winter was "the most beautiful time of the year".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-50742373
Some lovely photos
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
On Saturday morning on Radio 4, I listened to a bloke being interviewed who had had a heart transplant a few years ago and has just completed a walk around the coastline of the UK. At first, I thought your bloke was my bloke but they are two different people.

GnP

• Veteran Member
On Saturday morning on Radio 4, I listened to a bloke being interviewed who had had a heart transplant a few years ago and has just completed a walk around the coastline of the UK. At first, I thought your bloke was my bloke but they are two different people.
Seems like so many are walking round. through, along and over this country & more. More power to them.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
Over the past five years the Cheltenham-based adventurer has been hiking the route in sections, and is due to finish next summer.
On the way he takes pictures and sells the prints to help fund the self-supported project.
He said winter was "the most beautiful time of the year".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-50742373
Some lovely photos
There are some beautiful photographs on the link. Professional photographers seem to have the knack for finding good light and compositions.

GnP

• Veteran Member
There are some beautiful photographs on the link. Professional photographers seem to have the knack for finding good light and compositions.
The one near Barmouth that he says is his favourite, I thought average, so maybe its a personal thing about that moment for him, or I dont thave an eye for it  ??? .. All the others were beauties anyway. I love the one of Eskdale in Cumbria & Loch Hourn.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
The one near Barmouth that he says is his favourite, I thought average, so maybe its a personal thing about that moment for him, or I dont thave an eye for it  ??? .. All the others were beauties anyway. I love the one of Eskdale in Cumbria & Loch Hourn.
I liked the muted colour palette of the Barmouth picture, plus the depth of the photograph, from the sand / mud in the foreground to the bridge in the middle and the layers of the mountains fading into the distance.

mountaingal

I love the one from the bothy. very atmospheric, love the texture of inside and somewhat frosted window.  very well balanced composition and muted colour. everything is perfect O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy