Author Topic: Joining for walking Pembrokeshire  (Read 1048 times)

[Rgmw]largie

Joining for walking Pembrokeshire
« on: 22:50:24, 01/11/17 »
Hi Everybody

I'm Dave. Based in South Wales and planning to complete The Pembrokeshire coast path 2018. Did Milford Haven to Martins Haven (bivvying) and Little Haven to Trefin (day trips from Solva) this year.
Joined today to help identify somebody else's walk photos.

Cheers

Dave

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: Joining for walking Pembrokeshire
« Reply #1 on: 08:57:47, 04/11/17 »
Hi Dave and welcome from the Peak District O0

I've walked a lot of the Pembrokeshire Coast Path - one of my favourite places to walk in the UK so far 8)

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

John Walker

« Reply #2 on: 12:37:54, 04/11/17 »
Hi Dave

Welcome from a damp Twickenham.

I am also currently walking the Pembrokeshire Coast Path in stages (we started three years ago!).  We walked the stretch between Fishguard and St. Dogmaels in September of this year.  It's a fantastic section, in my view the best yet of this really dramatic coast path.  You can see details of the stages we have done (where we were based and the buses etc.) here .  Just  go to that intro page and click on the link to each Stage number to get a map and details of the route plus some low res. photos (sorry, I'm a rubbish photographer).

Looking forward to hearing more about your progress.

Cheers

John
http://www.greenlives.org.uk/walk.html
National Trails completed: SWCP, Thames, SDW and NDW

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 14:35:44, 04/11/17 »
I walked the Pembrokeshire Coast Path, starting at Amroth in April 2016 and thoroughly enjoyed it and hopefully I will do it again. I initially thought I would get bored of the coastline but I found the rock formations and the blue sea lovely and looking down the cliffs to see seals swimming was the icing on the cake. Even the bit that was supposed to be boring taking in Pembroke wasn't bad.

I did mine in 9 days, mostly stayed in Hostels and you can read about it at

http://brians-walks.co.uk/pembrokeshire-coast-path.html
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

[Rgmw]largie

« Reply #4 on: 16:19:58, 05/11/17 »
Hi
Thanks for the welcome and the links :- always nice to read other experiences of the walk. It is indeed a glorious part of the world ! My mother was actually from Solva so we holidayed there for many years :- when I turned 50 I decided it was time to actually walk the full path.
Sadly this year we got rained off in June having walked Milford Haven to Martins Haven via Dale. We woke up unable to see the end of the campsite due to the rain in a 30mph wind and a yellow weather warning :-(. Still, There's always next year to look forward to !
Cheers
Dave

Woodsman

« Reply #5 on: 17:10:45, 14/11/17 »
Hi Dave and welcome from the County of Durham. O0
Cheers
          Kevin

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy