Author Topic: Advice  (Read 4927 times)

ozzietfe

Advice
« on: 10:47:16, 26/04/07 »
Hi there, my first post here so just introduce myself quickly. My name is Austin and I live in Tenerife and do most of my hiking etc. in the Las Caņadas nacional park.
I was born in the UK and have spent quite a bit of time in the Lakes (I have family in Kendal). I am planning on heading that way early June and wondered what weather and tourist conditions are like at that time of year?? I have planned to do some longer walks and a few short ones in between. Any advice for Scafell Pike or Helveylln such as public ransport to the area etc.?

If anyone wants info on hiking in Tenerife let me know.

Many Thanx,

Ozzie.

summitzero

• Veteran Member
Re: Advice
« Reply #1 on: 23:09:28, 27/04/07 »
Hi ozzie

Hello and welcome

The Lakes are a great place to walk, i believe all year round. In the summer months their will be a lot of people all over the place. The pike and Helv, transport depends on which route you take, bearing in mind the time you are going i dont think you will be on your own. ;D
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

marmot

« Reply #2 on: 03:55:53, 01/05/07 »
Hello,
June shouldn't be too bad - not school holidays or anything.
I'd do Scafell Pike and Helvellyn on weekdays if I was you and maybe more obscure ones on weekends (Helvellyn in particular can get very busy on summer weekends in my experience).
You could always try different routes - a good one for Helvellyn is from Patterdale, head up Grisedale valley and tackle the ridge up Nethermost Pike, then back down Striding Edge, hopefully the traffic heading up the edge the other way will have calmed down by then. Scafell Pike from Eskdale is a good idea too, although transport will be more difficult - can't really advise on buses, I suppose it'll be on the web somewhere....?

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:41:02, 15/09/07 »
Hi there, my first post here so just introduce myself quickly. My name is Austin and I live in Tenerife and do most of my hiking etc. in the Las Caņadas nacional park.
I was born in the UK and have spent quite a bit of time in the Lakes (I have family in Kendal). I am planning on heading that way early June and wondered what weather and tourist conditions are like at that time of year?? I have planned to do some longer walks and a few short ones in between. Any advice for Scafell Pike or Helveylln such as public ransport to the area etc.?

If anyone wants info on hiking in Tenerife let me know.

Many Thanx,

Ozzie.
O0 hi austin/ozzietfe,heres some useful numbers for you...PUBLIC TRANSPORT~08706082608~they'll tell you all you'l need to know about trains/buses..LAKE DISTRICT WEATHER SERVICE~08700550575~and as for HELVELLYN theres many routes to and up to it..i,e from GLENRIDDING/PATTERDALE/GRASSMERE CHURCH/there are alot of totally different routes as i said,you should buy the EASTERN FELLS by the GREAT A.WAINWRIGHT book one,it will tell/show you all the routes your interested in, hope ive been some help to you, good luck mate.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy