Author Topic: Charity Walks  (Read 83344 times)

nikir

Re: Charity Walks - Morocco
« Reply #195 on: 14:43:07, 24/07/15 »
Hi - my name is Niki and I have joined this forum to tell as many people as possible about the treks that I organise in Morocco for 2 childrens charities in Marrakech. (I hope that this is permissible)

I am NOT a profit making commercial organisation, just someone who wants to share their love of Morocco with the additional aim of helping vulnerable children and abandoned babies in Marrakech.

I have successfully delivered 2 treks in the last 2 years - one to the summit of Mount Toubkal in Morocco and another in the Sahara desert, Morocco.

All arrangements are personally made and overseen by myself and presented to participants at cost. The total cost of the trek includes flights, accommodation, food on trek, insurance, transfers in Morocco. I currently have 2 treks arranged - both to Mount Toubkal - one in October 2015 and another in Easter 2016. Future desert treks will be arranged when I have enough interest - hopefully late 2016.

I do not ask anyone to raise sponsorship for the charities - a specific sum is taken from the 'price' for this purpose. I am very happy for participants to raise money for their own charities and indeed this type of trek facilitates this idea.

If you would like to find out more about the charities or the treks, i would be delighted to hear from you. If you have carried out any research into commercial treks of this kind, I think you will be amazed at the 'cost price' which this type of trek can be done for.

My contact details are: 07931 700631 or nikirose @ hotmail.co.uk

Thank you very much for reading.  :)
Niki Rose.

Susie Roach - BHF

British Heart Foundation Hadrian's Wall Hike 2016
« Reply #196 on: 15:07:33, 04/12/15 »
Sign up for the Hadrian’s Wall Hike and join the fight against heart disease. Take part on your own, or as a team and tackle nine miles along the most challenging and scenic sections of the historic Hadrian’s Wall.
For further inforamtion please visit the British Heart Foundation website or call  0845 130 8663

willsheaff

Peak District Challenge 2016
« Reply #197 on: 14:14:32, 28/03/16 »
Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce the Peak District Challenge 2016. (The website is Peak-District-Challenge.com). This year we have challenge distances covering the beautiful English Peak District from 10km up to a 100km Ultra Marathon.

The Peak District challenge is open for anyone to join and fundraise for the charity of their choice.  So we would like to invite you to take part in the event.

Competitors are against the clock to try to complete one of the following challenges:

• Back Before Dark (10k, starts 7.24pm on Friday 19 August 2016)
  • Copper (25km starts 9:30am on the 20th August 2016)
  • Bronze (50k starts 8:30am on the 20th August 2016)
  • Silver (75k on the 9:00pm on the 19th August 2016)
  • Gold challenge (100k starts 9:00pm on the 19th August 2016)

• We encourage people to enter in teams of 3-5 people, but individuals are welcome and we offer options for people to join a guided group or go on a navigation course in advance of the event.

The event is taking place from Hathersage in the Peak District, easily accessible by train from Manchester or Sheffield. We are trying to make this event as environmentally friendly as possible by timing it to be accessible by public transport and spreading the competitors out over four different routes. We think the Peak District National Park is stunning, and we want it to stay that way.

For more information on the challenge please search 'Peak District Challenge' or email any questions via peak-district-challenge.com

Thanks everyone!

• alewife

• Veteran Member
    Re: Charity Walks
    « Reply #198 on: 14:44:55, 25/04/16 »

Anyway, this has just come up on my facebook page, not sure if I can make it , will have to look at my exam marking timetable, but otherwise might give it a go.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/get-involved/fundraising-events/event-detail/1154/jurassiccoastmightyhike&utm_source=medialab&utm_medium=facebook&utm_content=adventure_all%20hike%20look-a-like&utm_campaign=hiking_jan%202016%20&%20jurassic%20coast
    Alewife

...beware of the bull!

prostatecancerresearch

Snowdon 500 Challenge for Prostate Cancer Research Centre
    « Reply #199 on: 10:40:10, 24/01/17 »
    Hello all,

We are looking for keen walkers to join the Prostate Cancer Research Centre in climbing the biggest mountain in England and Wales, to raise awareness about prostate cancer and to raise funds in order to continue our research. Join us in the Snowdon 500 Challenge, climbing Mount Snowdon with likeminded walkers who want to take on the beautiful climb. 2017 marks the ten year anniversary of this event, and this year PCRC wants to make it the biggest yet! Not only are we celebrating a decade of walking the mountain for PCRC, we are also celebrating the life of the event's organiser, who unfortunately passed away last year from the disease.

The Snowdon 500 Challenge is a well organised walk of the mountain, taking place on the 13th and 14th of May 2017 - you choose which day you want to climb. The mountain is manned by mountain rangers and experienced event marshals, and we provide full briefing packs, including maps, route descriptions, and everything you could need in order to navigate whichever path you take.

The unique challenge can be completed by anyone of average fitness, and you only need to put in a little preparation and training a few weeks before the event. With stunning views and two different paths to choose from, this event is an amazing opportunity to test yourself against the elements.

Registration is £35 each for this walk, and we would love for you to fundraise if you can!!

About the charity: Therapy for advanced prostate cancer has changed little over the past 70 years and every year more men die of the disease – over 11,000 last year just in the UK. Our mission is to develop new therapy for advanced prostate cancer and our long term vision is a cure for the disease. By helping fund our world class research, you will help increase the survival and quality of life of men with prostate cancer.

To sign up, or for more information, go to snowdon500.co.uk

Please join us, we would love to have some avid and experienced mountaineers to support the charity!

Dignity

Hi, we're organising a walking marathon from Buxton to Didsbury on 24th June 2017. We'll be raising money for charity through this event and we're looking for people to join us...

The headlines are:
    - 9.00am start from Buxton Train Station (SK17 6AQ). Arrival from 8.30am.
    - Shorter route options are available as the route passes train stations at 8.5, 9.9, 11.2, 15.5 and 21.7 miles.
    - Majority of the route is through parks or along rivers or canals. Short sections of the route follows roads.
    - Finish line is at Ivy Central in Didsbury (M20 2GP) and a finish line party will be held to welcome walkers home.
    - Entry fee is £10/adult and £5/child. We're asking everyone who takes part to raise £100 sponsorship
    - Children under the age of 16 must walk with a parent of guardian (with parent/legal guardian's written permission).

We are raising money to support the work of Dignity, a charity working to fight poverty in all it's forms in rural areas of Zambia, Namibia and Tanzania. Dignity does this by equipping people to transform their community and tackle poverty through the love of Jesus, particularly those who are on the outskirts of society and existing support.Feel free to ask any questions here or contact us on 0161 434 8841.You can find out more details/download a booking form at dignityonline.org.uk/dignity-walking-marathon

Thanks for reading this - we would love you to join us! Jo
    « Last Edit: 11:15:32, 09/02/17 by Dignity »

tenmilesplus

Charity walks in Belgium
    « Reply #201 on: 23:40:14, 13/11/17 »
    Hiya all.. I have had this walk sent to me on FB.. The Soldier charity doing two War walks both in the region of 100k each.. and in Belgium.. Check it out..

https://www.soldierscharity.org/events/the-frontline-walk/#hundred

Has anyone attended this one or anything similar ? I'm thinking of doing both as one is 3-7th of Oct and 10-14 Oct 2018.. Entry is £135 per walk but they want £1250 raised per walk, this is the bit that worries me, I have completed a 26 mile walk for Alzheimer's around Salisbury and it was difficult enough to raise the £250 for that..

Gone for a walk, back in a bit..

Action Events Team

« Reply #202 on: 15:12:16, 24/01/18 »
    Hello everyone,

Join Team Action for the 2018 Mountain Series, a series of one day treks across the UK.

Snowdon - 9th June
    Yorkshire 3 Peaks -  17th June
    Ben Nevis - 8th September

Sign up as a solo walker or bring a team, fundraising and pay your way places available.
    There is currently 50% off registration fees with the code MOUNT50.

Grab those hiking boots and do something amazing – help save and change children’s lives.

You can find out more about the Mountain Series here - action.org.uk/mountain_series  or you can contact trekking(at)action.org.uk for further information.

We hope to see you on a Mountain soon!

Action Events Team

harland

• Veteran Member
    « Reply #203 on: 15:42:44, 24/01/18 »
    « Last Edit: 20:16:15, 24/01/18 by harland »

bobdole

« Reply #204 on: 10:59:32, 01/02/18 »
    Hello Members,

My name is Charles. I will be walking the C2C in May 2018 to raise money for Diabetes UK. I have three members of my family with diabetes. Diabetes is a every day part of my life caring for my dad. Over 4 million people living with diabetes in the UK at present. This represents 6% of the UK population or 1 in every 16 people having diabetes. Any little help to reach my goal would be greatly appreciated.

Link to donate:
    https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charles-back

I will be uploading videos each day for the walk on my youtube channel so you can follow along.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrPMQRA4-rZiec21396zeVQ

Thank you and god bless.
    Charles
    Follow me on my hikes and watch old hikes I have completed.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrPMQRA4-rZiec21396zeVQ

MiyaAction

Midnight Walk along the South Downs
    « Reply #205 on: 10:33:54, 13/03/18 »
    Hello everyone!
    There is a team challenge event on the South Downs Way 14th July, which I think most of you will enjoy! This fun, but challenging midnight walk has a 20 or 40 mile option and is for teams of 4 walkers and 1 support driver (who can be shared between teams). This walk is in aid of children’s charity, Action Medical Research, so it’s for a great cause!
    Feel free to message me for more info! :)

tenmilesplus

Donations for a charity walk
    « Reply #206 on: 19:11:11, 16/10/18 »

I hope I'm not breaking ant form rules but I did a Test way walk for Charity on Sunday, it was 25.5 miles and we started at 8AM, completed at 1700.. Wet and cold was the walkers friend on the day.. the link  attached is the Just Giving web page entitled AJC WALK ALL THE WAY.
     Thank you.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/andy-cottrell2

tenmilesplus

Re: Donations for a charity walk
    « Reply #207 on: 22:54:34, 01/11/18 »
    Can I bump this ??

I have to submit the money soon, I completed the walk on 14 Oct 2018 so please can you pop me over a donation, anything will do, the lowest donation I have received is 70p... yes, 70p.....

AJC WALK ALL THE WAY on Just Giving.. Thank you.

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
    Karen Penny Charity Walk
    « Reply #208 on: 09:10:46, 02/01/19 »

Apologies if this is already well-known but I could not find any threads about it.

https://news.sky.com/story/karen-penny-why-im-walking-for-four-years-to-raise-money-for-alzheimers-research-uk-11596076

My husband's parents both died from dementia-related illnesses and it had a massive effect on me. Alzheimer's is something that touches nearly every family. It is a horrible illness and many families simply have not got the resources to care of someone who develops it.

This is why I am embarking on a 20,000-mile walk that will take four years so that I can raise money for dementia research.

I am aiming to walk around the entire coast of Britain and Ireland. I plan to walk about 15 miles a day, walking seven days at a time and then take a rest day.

I am planning to walk around at least 20 islands and will use Ordnance Survey and Google Maps to plan the route. I'm hoping people may put me up in their gardens and I have contacted local walking groups to get local knowledge of each area I am walking.

My journey will begin on 14 January and I will follow the Wales Coast Path to Fishguard before crossing to Rosslare and spend six to eight months walking around Ireland and Northern Ireland. I will then return to Wales and make my way to Scotland.

The aim is to raise £100,000 for Alzheimer's Research UK. Donations can be made to my JustGiving page

« Last Edit: 09:14:22, 02/01/19 by alan de enfield »

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
    Re: Karen Penny Charity Walk
    « Reply #209 on: 10:21:59, 02/01/19 »
    A very worthy cause, Alan.
    WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy