Author Topic: Short walk from Lulworth Cove to Swyre Head  (Read 4169 times)

rockhopper353

Re: Short walk from Lulworth Cove to Swyre Head
« Reply #15 on: 10:15:56, 13/11/18 »
Lovely photos of a stunning area but Oh those  ups and downs roller-coastering between Lulworth and White Nothe; not recommended after a particularly 'good' evening in Lulworth YH :-X

They certainly clear the lungs, not much level walking in that area its constant up and down but the wonderful views make it worthwhile. I can imagine how you were feeling after a previous night's refreshments, that first hill of the day 🤮

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 09:22:50, 15/11/18 »
Lovely pics - remember arriving at the camp site at Lulworth when me and Mrs pdstsp wlaked the Dorset section of the SWCP, and being absolutely knackered!!!

rockhopper353

« Reply #17 on: 18:13:43, 15/11/18 »
Lovely pics - remember arriving at the camp site at Lulworth when me and Mrs pdstsp wlaked the Dorset section of the SWCP, and being absolutely knackered!!!

Certainly not many easy sections through Dorset, but worthwhile for the wonderful scenery.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 15:05:48, 18/11/18 »
Some great photos of a beautiful part of the world. I always enjoyed the Dorset coastal path and it does undulate somewhat. There is always the option of a circular walk with a flat return along the shore, if you carefully check the tide times. If you get the timing wrong, there could be an awkward climb to escape the oncoming sea.

rockhopper353

« Reply #19 on: 23:15:37, 18/11/18 »
Some great photos of a beautiful part of the world. I always enjoyed the Dorset coastal path and it does undulate somewhat. There is always the option of a circular walk with a flat return along the shore, if you carefully check the tide times. If you get the timing wrong, there could be an awkward climb to escape the oncoming sea.

Certainly would need to pick the right day with weather and tides as my lack of climbing skills would see me right in it!

Did a walk like that in Cornwall back in September, was a great day, ended up with the sea lapping over my boots was great fun 😁

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy