Author Topic: 2016 best days out  (Read 4681 times)

Glyno

• Veteran Member
Re: 2016 best days out
« Reply #15 on: 14:58:10, 06/01/17 »
Glyno once again thankyou for your post
A couple of years ago I did a outdoors blog for my local paper, a journalist friend said she liked my blog.
I told her that I was very dissapointed with the lack of feedback I was getting, she replied that if you want feedback you need to make it more contraversial. Chuck in a few juicy bits.

She was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look at this thread its had more hits in the last hour than the last week, remember any publicity is good publicity so feel to keep posting you are doing a good job.

You must be very proud of yourself.

Stealing to get attention is pathetic, I'd rather go unnoticed.

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 14:59:28, 06/01/17 »

Well at least the debate is not about hostels vs climbing hut accomodation on this one  :)

who'd want to share a hut with a thief!

Rhino

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 15:10:42, 06/01/17 »

Something has clearly gone on in the past for such comments to be made publically instead of resolved sensibly between those concerned, feelings are obviously high on this issue as well as emotions but perhaps this is best not hung out on the forum and resolved amongst yourselves.

Not wishing to take sides or indeed having any knowledge of whats occured i will say i would happily share a hut with Stuart anytime  O0
Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 15:17:56, 06/01/17 »

Not wishing to take sides or indeed having any knowledge of whats occured i will say i would happily share a hut with Stuart anytime  O0

who mentioned Stuart?  :)

Rhino

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 15:31:21, 06/01/17 »

who mentioned Stuart?  :)

Emotions are very strong things to cope with if your not in control of them  :)
Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 16:47:00, 06/01/17 »
Emotions are very strong things to cope with if your not in control of them

Dave,

Thanks for your input sorry you have got involved.

This has happened before and it will probably happen again, its an ongoing emotional blackmail saga.

As soon as Glyno feels he is losing a discussion he rakes up an old chestnut from years ago and tries to play the embarrassment card.

In return I try to be polite and pleasant I have offered to meet up and talk things over, even offered him accomodation in one of our superb properties (Twice) but to know avail.

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 17:21:47, 06/01/17 »
MWM, whenever we've had our 'discussions' (mainly regarding accommodation or photography) you've come across as superior and a condescending (a perfect example is your post at 11:20:53 today). If the subject is accommodation, then I've retaliated using accommodation, if it's been photography, then likewise.

I appreciate your offer of hut accommodation, I think I must have missed it.

« Last Edit: 17:29:17, 06/01/17 by Glyno »

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 17:46:31, 06/01/17 »
I have always felt that this forum is populated by friendly members who give and receive useful advice on walking matters, together with the occasional bit of light-hearted banter.  What no-one wants to read are posts from two members behaving like a couple of adolescent schoolgirls.  Can I therefore respectfully suggest that you take your arguments elsewhere?

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 18:03:30, 06/01/17 »
I have always felt that this forum is populated by friendly members who give and receive useful advice on walking matters, together with the occasional bit of light-hearted banter.  What no-one wants to read are posts from two members behaving like a couple of adolescent schoolgirls.  Can I therefore respectfully suggest that you take your arguments elsewhere?

oh, awight!  :)

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 18:23:43, 06/01/17 »
I appreciate your offer of hut accommodation, I think I must have missed it.

Glyno I have got a scottish trip on the meet ups board, name your date in April, if you are interested.

Chance to check out our accomodation, do some stunning hills with the chance of superb winter conditions, sort out differences.

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 18:46:25, 06/01/17 »
I'm going to take DevonDave's advice and challenge you to pistols at dawn - location to be a secret

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 19:16:18, 06/01/17 »
I'm going to take DevonDave's advice and challenge you to pistols at dawn - location to be a secret

Look forward to it

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 01:06:42, 21/01/17 »
It's a new year, a fresh start and all that.

If there's any more name calling or arguments I'll slap your legs. Better still I'll send Rhino round, he's bigger than me   :knuppel2:
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy