Author Topic: Cornwall walkers needed next week!  (Read 868 times)

CornishKing

Cornwall walkers needed next week!
« on: 21:15:36, 07/07/19 »
Due to late drop outs we need two male walkers to complete our party leaving next Sunday (14th July) from Plymouth. Walking SWCP to Par then across to Newquay and down to St Ives on the 20th. Carrying rucksacks, ages from 30-60, c10-15miles a day, accommodation in hostels, b&b, hotels.

All professionals. All a lot of fun? Message me if you are keen!

Matt

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Cornwall walkers needed next week!
« Reply #1 on: 10:05:57, 08/07/19 »
Are you organising for personal profit?

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:51:01, 08/07/19 »
Professional walkers? They do exist but they are a rare breed.

CornishKing

« Reply #3 on: 11:55:15, 08/07/19 »
Nope. Just a group of friends taking to the path they love. Do it every year (this is the third). Going to be seriously out of pocket this year though as booked accommodation ages ago. If I’m aiming for profit I’m a worse businessman than I thought I was! Still hoping someone will save me!

2017 lizard to St Ives
2018 par to Lizard
2019 Plymouth to St Ives
2020 Tintagel to Newquay

CornishKing

« Reply #4 on: 11:59:33, 08/07/19 »
I have to respond to that! As walkers we are anything but professional! In it for the ale, the company and the food I think!
Professional careers is what i meant...mostly teachers. Trying not to come across too much like axe murderers or miscreants!

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 16:30:41, 09/07/19 »
I have to respond to that! As walkers we are anything but professional! In it for the ale, the company and the food I think!
Professional careers is what i meant...mostly teachers. Trying not to come across too much like axe murderers or miscreants!
So anyone who doesn't have a professional career is more likely to be an axe murderer  :o
Are professionals more likely to be drop outs ?   ;D
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

CornishKing

« Reply #6 on: 17:11:00, 09/07/19 »
Oh yes, we are definitely drop outs and professional axe murderers of course. I mean it would be an amateurish mistake for an axe murderer not to try and cover their tracks or make themselves appear normal. In my experience the most successful axe murderers have tended to appear professional and decent right up until the moment they drop the blade between your shoulders.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 19:40:18, 09/07/19 »
Oh yes, we are definitely drop outs and professional axe murderers of course. I mean it would be an amateurish mistake for an axe murderer not to try and cover their tracks or make themselves appear normal. In my experience the most successful axe murderers have tended to appear professional and decent right up until the moment they drop the blade between your shoulders.
Actually, the professional way is not between the shoulders but rather at an angle at the base of the neck and the shoulder. Between the shoulders - rookie mistake.
Solvitur Ambulando

CornishKing

« Reply #8 on: 20:10:33, 09/07/19 »
Who would have thought that in trying so hard to avoid sharing a walk with axe murderers we would end up attracting so many! And yet still not a willing hiker, axe murderer or otherwise, to actually join us. Going to be so poor in a week or so I will need to find a crime that pays more. Embezzlement anyone? Blackmail? Cybercrime?

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 22:22:51, 09/07/19 »
Actually, the professional way is not between the shoulders but rather at an angle at the base of the neck and the shoulder. Between the shoulders - rookie mistake.
It appears you know an awfull lot about this subject.  Should we be afraid.  :o

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 22:26:31, 09/07/19 »
It appears you know an awfull lot about this subject.  Should we be afraid.  :o
:-X ;)
Solvitur Ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy