Author Topic: Water Filtration - Sawyer Mini or LifeStraw Go ??  (Read 5204 times)

beefy

• Veteran Member
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Bhod

• Veteran Member
Re: Water Filtration - Sawyer Mini or LifeStraw Go ??
« Reply #31 on: 11:26:50, 22/06/17 »

We use small bladders about 69p from home bargain type stores and they outlasted the crappy sawyer bladder 10 times longer, while we are walking,

If you have a Poundland near you they currently have for sale 2 x 400ml bladders for £1 ;)  Just stocked up with a couple of packs in anticipation of receiving my Sawyer minin just in time for the weekend.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 09:41:46, 27/06/17 »
Sawyer mini arrived yesterday, mod completed, just need to make a little storage pouch for it now and I'm good to go on my next walking trip, hoping it will save me at least 2 kg of pack weight when I know there will be a reliable source of water to resupply with.

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 11:32:39, 27/06/17 »
Sawyer mini arrived yesterday, mod completed, just need to make a little storage pouch for it now and I'm good to go on my next walking trip, hoping it will save me at least 2 kg of pack weight when I know there will be a reliable source of water to resupply with.
ive had my sawyer for 2 years use it every weekend its still going  O0
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 13:04:52, 27/06/17 »
ive had my sawyer for 2 years use it every weekend its still going  O0

Thanks for the tip and lesson on the mod, although they seem to have fixed the problem of the seal falling out it's still a useful mod to do to stop the thing dripping any residual water left in it into your bag.  O0

Steelystan

« Reply #35 on: 22:58:44, 20/07/17 »
Sawyers work great as gravity filters, but the mini flow rate is worse than hamsters pizzle, even with a bit of pressure behind it.  I dumped mine for the shockingly heavy standard one which is a LEAST an ounce and a half heavier, but flows like an incontinent horse.
178/214.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy