Author Topic: Berghaus RG1 or North Face Resolve?  (Read 8588 times)

fazzle

Re: Berghaus RG1 or North Face Resolve?
« Reply #15 on: 16:38:04, 02/12/09 »
Well went back in today to try em on for the last time, and will hopefully make the order soonish tonight.

I have decided on the North Face.

Because: The cuffs are fine, they are a good elasticity.
The jacket has a better fit on me
the hood is nicer and has a thicker part as a potential peak.
the hem and hood are adjustable.
it is lightweight (which isnt necessarily a good thing)

But I stil prefer the berghaus because it is thicker, so, in a sense, you get more for your money, and the material looks more expensive, if you know what I mean. The north face material looks sweet, but just not as expensive.

But overall the north face is my preference. But wow, it's damn hard to decide between two jackets!! lol

thanks for help all, much appreciated!
Will.

fazzle

« Reply #16 on: 12:59:09, 04/12/09 »
It came today, get to see it later (im at college atm - how annoying).

Also, you wouldn't believe this. I ordered it from MILLETS!
I checked on their site and they just reduced it to £55. I added delivery and it came to £60. I then searched for discount codes, got £5 off, and then used my DofE code too, and got another £10 off! so all in all £50 for a great jacket with delivery! bargain.

Only thing is, I realised the version they are selling is not the same as the one on the go outdoors site. But then I thought, that is the one I tried on (in millets), and the one I really liked, so I will go for that!

Millets ftw for once! lol

will post a mini review soon.
Will.

fazzle

« Reply #17 on: 19:18:40, 29/12/09 »
Big BUMP!

Mini review... :

Great jacket, but, as I feared, a bit on the short side.

However, looks great, and many girls from college have told me I look a lot more mature (which is always good), so thats a winner. Its windproof, very waterproof, the hood folds up fine, and the fleece lined collar is really nice. Pockets are deep, and there are drawcords around the hood (although they were quite confusing), and two on the hem. Double storm baffle really stops the wind getting in, and the collar is massive, so team it up with a hat, and you're sorted  :)

Whatever you buy you will be happy with, hope you get it for as good price as mine!

Now... I need some socks!
Will.

C2C10

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 15:08:50, 30/01/10 »
I have both the TNF Resolve and Berghaus RG1, although I've yet to try the RG1 out. On my C2C last year, I worn the TNF Resolve and was really pleased with it. It did leak a little around the neckline after a very wet day on Nine Standards and I mean very wet. I may well take the RG1 on my planned C2C walk sometime this year.

Yr Wyddfa

« Reply #19 on: 02:39:11, 20/01/13 »
I know this is an old thread but my pennies worth.

I tend to go against the grain. I had the old style RG1 (the one with elasticated cuffs and a thinner fabric) and it was flawless throughout the entire time I had it. Must admit that I wasn't too keen on the updated version that Berghaus released in 2006 (approx) - hook and loop cuffs (I prefer elasticated) and a thicker outer shell.
So I was delighted when I found an alternative that was very similar to my old RG1. I've read some bad reviews about the resolve but in my humble opinion the jacket is fantastic. My trusted North Face resolve jacket comes with me on every walk and has never let me down  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy