Author Topic: Anyone from Newcastle on here?.....  (Read 914 times)

fernman

• Veteran Member
Anyone from Newcastle on here?.....
« on: 18:45:10, 06/12/20 »
..... and have you been in or walked past LD Mountain Centre in Dean Street recently?
The reason I'm asking is, does it look as if they're about to fold, i.e. lack of stock, big clearance sale, etc.?

I'm still waiting for £150 refund for a pair of boots I returned, which the tracking says they had back on 18 November.
When I sent an email querying the delay the reply said that returns take 3 to 7 working days to complete, including a quarantine period for returns.
Fair enough, but it is now 13 working days (Monday to Friday, not including Saturdays).

I know shops have had a tough time lately with having to be closed, but LD do trade online as well.
I'm just hopeful that Amazon will step in and reimburse me if it comes to it.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
Re: Anyone from Newcastle on here?.....
« Reply #1 on: 22:52:59, 06/12/20 »
Can't answer your question, but I do hope they treat you fairly.
 If you bought from Amazon and returned through them you should be OK.

I hope they're OK with you because I like that shop,
 I often have a geet spoach around in it when I'm up home, which hasn't been since lockdown.
Too little, too late, too bad......

geordie33

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:35:23, 07/12/20 »
Not been passed in the last few weeks but not heard anything. I likely would have as LD is well liked by walkers around here.

windyrigg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 15:08:11, 10/12/20 »
That's a bit of a worry, I haven't been to the Toon since March.....

geordie33

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 15:23:05, 10/12/20 »
For what's it's worth they were advertising on Facebook this morning so looks ok
Hope so-decent shop that

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:47:23, 10/12/20 »
Yes, LD are a well respected shop in Newcastle (and online). I used to know someone that worked there. Contact them again it may be an oversight.
Hate will never win

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 09:11:05, 15/12/20 »
To update this thread I started, I have just been informed that I have been refunded.

Not from the seller, but from Amazon under their A-to-Z Guarantee.

While I'm relieved to have my £150 back, the experience has left a bad taste in my mouth.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 12:25:51, 15/12/20 »
I'm glad that refund issue is now resolved.

In my experience amazon will not tolerate any market place sellers messing customers about. It's bad for amazon's business and the reason the A-Z Guarantee exists. Hopefully amazon will take their own internal punitive action against LD Mountain Centre to recover the money and limit or ban them from future sales on amazon.

All LD Mountain Centre have achieved is damaging confidence in them as a seller but more importantly their own reputation.

Hope you've left negative feedback against LD Mountain Centre for this sale!  ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy