Author Topic: Lake District  (Read 5185 times)

Crag Rat

Lake District
« on: 08:48:05, 15/08/06 »
Here's some more of my general pics from the Lakes - I took these last year.  I'm going again soon so I hope to have some more pics to show.
....because it's there....

titaniumdude

Re: Lake District
« Reply #1 on: 18:13:43, 21/08/06 »
Again, I like how you use B&W.  What sort of camera do you use?
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

Crag Rat

« Reply #2 on: 20:43:18, 21/08/06 »
I use a Minolta Dynax 500si Super.  The majority of my photo's are taken with a 28-80mm Sigma lense and I'm currently using Ilford Black & White XP2 Super 35mm film.

Currently thinking of building a darkroom in my loft so that I can develop my own.  ;)

titaniumdude

« Reply #3 on: 20:51:04, 21/08/06 »
That sounds uber techy to me. I think I'm pretty good with a digi camera, but thought that 35mm had expired. I am most impressed.  Most digi users are pixel counters with total disregard for quality and i still believe that 35mm holds its fort on this count.  I simply like the convenience of my digital camera..  I use a Sony cybershot (one of the newer ones since my last got nacked in a car accident) and it produces reasonable results and has many features.  Though I find that most of these features remain unused or minimally used.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

Crag Rat

« Reply #4 on: 21:18:29, 21/08/06 »
There's a lot to be said for digital cameras (if you spend a good amount of wedge).  I prefer the versatility of 35mm though, digital takes all the fun out of it for me.

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 01:01:04, 27/08/06 »
That last picture is fantastic with the sun breaking over Catbells. I wonder what it looked like in colour.

One thing I do like about black & white is it tends makes you look like an old time pioneer climber heading for Everest.

daddylonglegs

« Reply #6 on: 01:04:05, 18/11/06 »
That last picture is fantastic with the sun breaking over Catbells. I wonder what it looked like in colour.

maybe a little like this..........

true though, the original looks amazing in B&W!

Phil Hall

« Reply #7 on: 17:07:59, 03/12/06 »
Black and White photos always seem to have something magical about them.  B&W is a great way to shot on a dull day, and you can end up with great results.

Regards
Phil Hall
« Last Edit: 02:22:53, 05/02/08 by Chris »

reetbomofo

« Reply #8 on: 20:30:57, 18/01/07 »
These photos are pretty sweet. I love the last one. Makes me look forward to my trip to the Lakes even more! :D

marmot

« Reply #9 on: 21:44:55, 04/02/07 »
Here's another one.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy