Author Topic: Hello from Southmoor, Nr Abingdon  (Read 765 times)

portlanders

Hello from Southmoor, Nr Abingdon
« on: 20:17:14, 15/11/17 »
Hi,

I started walking about 5 months ago when i was diagnosed as type 2 diabetes and weighed 19 stone. The diabetes is now under control and now weigh 15 stone 8lb.

I walk 2 sessions a day, just over an hour morning and afternoon, covering aprox 4.2 miles each session.

I am really enjoying my walking, but what i am struggling with is footwear that is up for the surface i walk on, and a pair that will last.

I'm not in to listening to music when walking, just love looking at the countryside and saying hello to village folk i would not have otherwise met. I am a bit of a loner, and it gets me out lol

Anyhow, already posted in the gear section fro recommendations on footwear, but thought i would introduce myself here as well.

Hello

John Walker

Re: Hello from Southmoor, Nr Abingdon
« Reply #1 on: 21:00:08, 15/11/17 »
Welcome from Twickenham
It looks as if you live in a great area for interesting walks.  Quite handy for the Thames Path or for the Ridgeway if you go in the other direction.  I'm quite jealous  :( . Well done for losing so much weight, that's really impressive!

JW
http://www.greenlives.org.uk/walk.html
National Trails completed: SWCP, Thames, SDW and NDW

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 22:38:25, 15/11/17 »
Hi portlanders and welcome from the Peak District O0

Congratulations on your weight loss and working hard to control your condition.  I know it can't have been easy.
Keep up the good work and enjoy your walking!

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 22:52:20, 15/11/17 »
Welcome from the Sussex coast     :)

portlanders

« Reply #4 on: 05:38:47, 16/11/17 »
Thank you all,

Looks a friendly site, just starting to browse around to read about your adventures.

Since the clocks went back the weight loss has haltered a bit, but that's ok, i'm 3 sizes down in clothes sizes so the bank balance can do with a bit of a rest...... says he a month before xmas  :(

JW i remember walking the Ridgeway many moons ago as a cub, perhaps that is something i can look to repeat in 2018, thanks for that idea.

Trev

tenmilesplus

« Reply #5 on: 22:03:19, 16/11/17 »
Welcome from just down the A34... Tadley near Newbury.. Great effort with the mile rack up.. It is amazing how interesting walking the same rout is, small differences every day, wild life, plants and the seasons...
Gone for a walk, back in a bit..

portlanders

« Reply #6 on: 06:57:25, 17/11/17 »
Welcome from just down the A34... Tadley near Newbury.. Great effort with the mile rack up.. It is amazing how interesting walking the same rout is, small differences every day, wild life, plants and the seasons...

Thank you. I was born and raised in Newbury..... it seems to be bursting at the seams these days, expand, expand, expand.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy