Author Topic: Amber Valley and Erewash walking festival will be taking place from 8 to 23 Sept  (Read 2131 times)

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
Derbyshire getting set for annual walking festivalDerbyshire is getting set for the 10th annual Autumn Footprints Walking Festival, visitambervalley.com reports.

The Amber Valley and Erewash walking festival will be taking place from 8 to 23 September 2012 and will offer more than 30 free guided walks over 16 days, to experienced and novice walkers alike.

The festival is led by knowledgeable local volunteers and staff who are keen to show off their local heritage, natural history and wildlife – with walks that take participants along rivers and canals, as well as through the open countryside, towns and villages.
http://www.magazine.ordnancesurveyleisure.co.uk/magazine/tscontent/editorials/walking/2012/derbyshire-getting-annual-walking-festival.html

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
Sounds fun, shame I have no car these days and with such lovely weekend weather Forcast too

treehugger

• Account Closed
Sounds interesting, but who would protect me from all the voracious women? ............sigh

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
Amber valley is a walking area I really rate. Plenty of footpaths, most of them quiet, beautiful scenery, and if you get temporarily misplaced, just drop down into valley bottom, and pick A6 or railway station for a ride back to Matlock/ Derby (whatever)... excellant public transport.

Most of the walks I've done last few weeks have been 6 milers in the area, starting from Duffield, Belper, or Ambergate. And next time, I do a long walk, plan is to just get off train at Duffield, and start walking towards Matlock, to see how far I can get before relenting and catching a bus or train back.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy