Author Topic: Catbells walk in the Lake District before Lockdown 2.0  (Read 1154 times)

wildCAMPER

Had a bit of time free on Wednesday 4th so thought we'd try and squeeze a quick Lake District walk in before Lockdown started the following day. Decided to revisit a little walk to Catbells that I hadn't done for maybe over 15 years - almost forgot what it was like - but hope to take our 4 year old & 7 year old kids on their first 'big' ;-) Lake District hike as soon as it's possible - so thought I better scope it out again just to be safe ha. It was actually a bit steeper than I recall with a couple of short scrambles which I think the kids might like. Considering it's a short & quick walk - the views are actually quite impressive. I know it quite a touristy & busy walk (which is why I haven't done it for ages) but that aside it is actually quite a good little walk and def one to do if you haven't already :-) Here's some photos of this Autumnal Catbells walk.

This is the illustrated walk route we done:

Map of the Catbells walk:

And some various photos en-route to the summit of Catbells:

If you've never done a Catbells walk near Keswick before and fancy finding out more information - I have done a blog post on this particular Catbells walk - visit https://www.hikingphotographer.uk/2020/11/catbells-walk-route-best-nearkeswick.html

strawy

Re: Catbells walk in the Lake District before Lockdown 2.0
« Reply #1 on: 15:10:38, 09/11/20 »

Very nice, I was in the area on Wednesday too,was warmer than i expected,heres Catbells from the other side of the water..
http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=33266.msg596618#msg596618

wildCAMPER

Re: Catbells walk in the Lake District before Lockdown 2.0
« Reply #2 on: 15:35:14, 09/11/20 »
Nice one Strawy - good day for it wasn't it - you might be in one of my pics somewhere ha

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy