Author Topic: New Coast to Coast Programme on TV  (Read 4352 times)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: New Coast to Coast Programme on TV
« Reply #15 on: 19:20:06, 21/03/17 »
to be honest, there are far more interesting and relevant videos on Youtube from people who have done the walks, none of whom seem to be interested in Scotch eggs  O0

Plus, I always get the impression with these presenters that they only do a bit of walking for the cameras and then whisked back to their 4 star hotel and comfy bed for the night....that's not the way most people do these walks.
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

pmerryman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 19:41:27, 21/03/17 »
Very true. As soon as i see them in jeans.
Paul

mow1701

« Reply #17 on: 17:37:59, 28/03/17 »
What a disappointing programme. If you based your walk on places he'd visited it would be more like a 300 mile hike. It is a coast to coast in name not walk? I hope he has the integrity not to throw his stone in the sea at Robin Hoods Bay. Unfortunately I doubt it, certainly it's not been earned based on what I've seen.

Mountaingirl

« Reply #18 on: 16:47:30, 27/04/17 »
I watched all of them nevertheless, as we are starting from this weekend. At the beginning, he says" I am walking from coast to coast.' but he doesn't! He has taken a steam train, a little bus, even a light aircraft ;D . He is introducing local culture and history, and learning to make sausages (typical!)
one thing I noted...he dipped his toes literary, taking his boots off at St Bees. Do you have to take footware off? too cold for me. I wouldn't be spending time, trying to dry my feet  ::)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 16:51:22, 27/04/17 »
Nah, just get the front of your boots/shoes wet...and don't forget to pick up a small pebble to throw in the sea at the other side.

At the other side, most likely the tide will be out....for miles ;-)

Please keep us posted.
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy