Author Topic: Review of three Days in the Cairngorms  (Read 3225 times)

myxpyr

Review of three Days in the Cairngorms
« on: 19:42:47, 11/09/19 »
Back in August I started a thread about walk gradings and I commented that I'd seen the Lairig Ghru graded ad strenuous.
Well, I didn't, for various reasons, do the full LG but initially I walked as far as the southern flank of Carn a Mhaim. From there I had to turn back but from what I saw of the path ahead I could easily have reached the Corrour Both that evening and continued to Rothiemurchus the next day.
Anyway, I doubled back and stayed at Bob Scott's where three Germans had already warmed the place up with a fire.
The following day I went to Aviemore, sstayed the bight at Rothiemurchus from where I "attacked" the northern approach.
The point I felt I needed to make was that irrespective of the way things turned out I remain confident that had things been different I could have easily completed the whole trek. By pacing myself I never considered the LG to be "strenuous" - and I'm 73 and I was carrying a full 'sac - sleeping bag, sleep mat, stove food and spare clothing etc.
Ah well, next year :D

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: Review of three Days in the Cairngorms
« Reply #1 on: 19:46:02, 11/09/19 »
Better luck next time.

Any photos?
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 22:19:53, 11/09/19 »
Still a youngster in body and mind by the sound of it.  Hoping to get up there for the 4000s in the next few years.

myxpyr

« Reply #3 on: 08:17:10, 12/09/19 »
Better luck next time.

Any photos?
Not sure how to get pictures on here. I'm trying to copy and paste but keep getting a message in red saying that the message is too big. Help :(

myxpyr

« Reply #4 on: 08:24:19, 12/09/19 »
Not sure how to get pictures on here. I'm trying to copy and paste but keep getting a message in red saying that the message is too big. Help :(
This what I keep getting:  The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:  The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (20000 characters). 

snoopdawg

« Reply #5 on: 08:26:13, 12/09/19 »
What are you using to convert the pics?

myxpyr

« Reply #6 on: 08:33:14, 12/09/19 »
What are you using to convert the pics?
Sorry, convert to what? I'm just trying to copy and paste them from the storage on my pc ??? They are jpeg/jpg pics

snoopdawg

« Reply #7 on: 08:36:28, 12/09/19 »
By no means an expert, but the file size sounds too big,you will probably have to use a picture site to convert. I use flickr or imgur to convert mine

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 08:53:44, 12/09/19 »

You need to find a 3rd party website to host the photos, and then click on the image icon above the left hand side of the text entry box, and copy a direct link to the image into the pop up that appears.

I edit my photos to correct for tilting sea etc using the standard Windows photo editor, then re-size my photos to 800x600 or less using Paint, before uploading to imgbb.com. Once uploaded, imgbb offers a 'direct link' which can be copied to this website as described above.

myxpyr

« Reply #9 on: 09:08:12, 12/09/19 »

You need to find a 3rd party website to host the photos, and then click on the image icon above the left hand side of the text entry box, and copy a direct link to the image into the pop up that appears.

I edit my photos to correct for tilting sea etc using the standard Windows photo editor, then re-size my photos to 800x600 or less using Paint, before uploading to imgbb.com. Once uploaded, imgbb offers a 'direct link' which can be copied to this website as described above.
Thanks, I'll have a go

myxpyr

« Reply #10 on: 11:20:14, 12/09/19 »
« Last Edit: 11:23:35, 12/09/19 by myxpyr »

myxpyr

« Reply #11 on: 11:31:29, 14/09/19 »
I'm trying to use imgbb but still can't seem to master it :(

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 21:49:58, 20/09/19 »
I'm trying to use imgbb but still can't seem to master it :(
Have you managed to upload to imgbb?

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 22:36:18, 20/09/19 »

Is this the first image you wanted to post?

If you quote this post you'll see the URL that displays the image.
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

myxpyr

« Reply #14 on: 08:45:44, 22/09/19 »
Bear with me, I'm working on it ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy