Author Topic: Hello (and image posting test!)  (Read 1353 times)

BrionyB

Hello (and image posting test!)
« on: 15:32:40, 13/09/19 »
Hello everyone, I have lurked here for a while but never posted before, finally got around to registering. I don't get out walking as often as I would like, as I live in London, which isn't the most convenient for getting to my preferred areas of the country. However I did manage a recent short break in the Lake District.

I actually tried to write a little trip report about my walks, but the images didn't seem to be coming out right in the preview. So testing here to see whether it works (edit: apparently it doesn't... and now it does, many thanks to WhitstableDave for spotting the problem and pointing it out!)

« Last Edit: 17:39:55, 13/09/19 by BrionyB »

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Hello (and image posting test!)
« Reply #1 on: 16:05:19, 13/09/19 »
Welcome Briony from the heart of Devon.  There is plenty of good walking not far from London in the Chilterns and the South Downs for example.  I think the image posting problem you have is caused by the fact that images have to be linked to their source site.  To post a link you have to have a minimum number of posts (15 IIRC - I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong)
Solvitur Ambulando

BrionyB

« Reply #2 on: 16:34:32, 13/09/19 »
You're probably right about the images - thank you - I will try again after I've posted a few more times.

I have walked a little in the South (and North) Downs, and probably should make the effort to get out there more often. Though I am a northerner by birth, so nothing is ever going to compare to Yorkshire and the Lakes! Devon is very lovely too, of course.

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:49:40, 13/09/19 »
Hi Briony.

The URL you used appears to be to your flickr album, rather than to a single image in it. (Nice photos!)
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

BrionyB

« Reply #4 on: 19:07:55, 13/09/19 »
Hi Briony.

The URL you used appears to be to your flickr album, rather than to a single image in it. (Nice photos!)

Oops, yes, that was exactly what I'd done. I've fixed the links and it seems to be working fine now. Thank you!  :)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:34:17, 13/09/19 »
Welcome to the forum, Briony.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 06:23:24, 14/09/19 »
Welcome to the forum from Aberdeenshire

tom83