Author Topic: Walks round or near Hull  (Read 2961 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Walks round or near Hull
« Reply #15 on: 19:42:32, 11/12/18 »
Have you considered joining a walking club such as the Ramblers?

Seems like you're itching to get out walking, and your companions are less than enthusiastic, which is holding you back.

Kmo86

« Reply #16 on: 18:11:35, 14/05/19 »
Update. Nothing else happened yet. Got new staff at group the one doing most with us is nice tho seems strictly to sticking to her job which she has been told could vary. She has seemed to get to know everyone quickly and isn’t one to wind people up which the older staff members can do tho only at right time. Got a few things planned one being a gym and another being some cycling.

As for the hill walks I have briefly spoken to the man who set group up about it up to now it could be a walk in brantingham which is where we did the 5 mile hill walk which a few did struggle but I found easy. Not sure if there is any more challenging hills there but hoping so. The man has done a tough cycling challenge this weekend which one of the service users completed so I’m going to mention this to the man and see if he would agree to me doing some challenge after training for it like 3 Yorkshire peaks or something so I have something to focus on. Hopefully will mention it tomorrow on a day out.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 18:51:46, 14/05/19 »
There is a nice walk starting from South Cave and taking in Drewton Wold.  It can be about 5 miles or 7 miles depending on where you start.  Lot's of ups and downs.  I have used it as a training walk.  It can be extended further to Brantingham and Elloughton to make a 9 or 10 mile walk.

It's a beautiful area at this time of year.

Kmo86

« Reply #18 on: 17:03:58, 15/05/19 »
Well wasn’t going to mention anything today as I probably have mentioned walks more than enough but the man mentioned he’s going to hope valley tomorrow so I asked if he’d do another walk there with the group. Also I mentioned about someone from the group joining him on a cycling challenge at the weekend. He said he had expected me to mention that knowing I would want to do some challenge. He seems very cautious over possibility of him getting blamed if I take ill or hurt myself while out training for anything he’s agreed with. Like if he says he will do 3 Yorkshire peaks with me and I take ill training. Having said that he has agreed if he believes I could safely manage them he would do them with me.

We are going to sit and talk properly about it next Tuesday which was actually his idea so hopefully get a proper serious chat where he will agree to more and not wind me up saying we will walk round a car park to get up to 10 mile like he joked about last time.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy