Author Topic: Cornwall  (Read 16147 times)

cornwalldvd

Cornwall
« on: 22:57:19, 07/11/07 »
Thought i would start a topic on the walks in Cornwall, it is one of the most wonderful walkers areas in the country.

what are your thoughts

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Re: Cornwall
« Reply #1 on: 16:55:10, 08/11/07 »
Hi Cornwalldvd,

Never been walking in Cornwall, so can't add much am afraid, but have lots of family in Devon so would be interested in nipping over the border and having a look.

Why don't you start the ball rolling and say what you like best about 'Cornish walking', routes, etc.

Welcome to the site, good to have you  ;)

cornwalldvd

« Reply #2 on: 21:48:47, 08/11/07 »
I think they are great i recently walked the entire south west section from newquay all the way around past lands end and back up to falmouth. it was the first time i have been walking and it was amazing around very corner was something different one minute i am walking 2 meters from the sea the next i am walking through woodland. there is so much history as well with every area full of myths and smuggling tales.

PeterTowers

« Reply #3 on: 13:13:26, 07/12/07 »
Sounds like Cornwall may be a good place for me to start instead of South Devon - I've not explored much of Cornwall , so I've not much to add here, however I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what gems of info I can gain.

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:40:12, 08/12/07 »
Hello and welcome to the forum  O0

Cornwall is an amazing place, my family love it, started going when i was a small child on holidays, with the family, spent time there when i was in services and now i take my family their  O0
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

marathonman

« Reply #5 on: 11:12:36, 30/01/08 »
Hi... my first post!

Does anyone have some links for recommended walks in Cornwall? I've never been, but am hoping to take a long weekend break down there next month.

Torparne

« Reply #6 on: 11:30:02, 02/02/08 »
Hello everybody out there, especially in Cornwall!

I'm very happy to find this forum for our trip to Cornwall in may.

We are 4 persons from Sweden(ages 63-70, but quite healthy!!) who think of walking in Cornwall.

What do you recommend??? All suggestions are very welcomed.
We intend to go by air (is Ryan air to recommend?) to London and then by train further to a suitable
place/village/town from where we could start our excursions.

We want to be away for 7-8 nights  (2-15 may)

What places are most valuable to see?  Where is the scenery interesting?

I look forward to interesting answers

Hälsningar från Torparne

piskie

« Reply #7 on: 22:18:36, 05/04/08 »
I have lived in cornwall for 21 years and walking here is one of the greatest pleasures. In reply to tolparne's question - anywhere along the south west coastal path that surrounds the whole county, is amazing.  Anything from industrial history to moorland, to astonishing gardens and beaches. Cornwall has everything. We still haven't seen it all after 20 years.The 'Pathfinder Guide to Cornwall' published by Jarrold, has a variety of different distance, circuitous walks that cove the coast and inland all with detailed ordnance survey maps and instructions. 

PeterTowers

« Reply #8 on: 12:10:20, 15/04/08 »
Marathonman, you may find this link very useful. I used this walking guide at Easter - it's full of information, walks and made for a great walking weekend with the Family. Check out the demo on the link O0

Chazmo

« Reply #9 on: 03:08:11, 20/08/08 »
Hi!  I should have checked this site awhile back.  Will do so now and hope that others will comment on walks in the area and give timely suggestions.

Five of us from the States are arriving Sept. 7 and plan to spend two weeks, walking in various areas of England.  We will begin in Ogbourne St. George and hike to Avebury.  Then we move to Veenor and walk to St. Ives.

We are looking at staying at Foxlynch Farm, Churchill Farm campground.

Any other suggestions of places to tent-camp, or regarding the weather, clothing, etc.?  All tips are most welcome!

Chazmo

Chazmo

« Reply #10 on: 03:41:10, 20/08/08 »
Five of us (all adults) from the US plan to arrive in England on the 7th of September and to tent-camp and hike in various areas over a two-week period.  We will be starting in Avebury and soon be in Cornwall.

Would love to hear any suggestions concerning camping areas and recommended walking areas.

Thanks,
Chazmo

Chazmo

« Reply #12 on: 20:10:30, 23/08/08 »
Thanks again, Muy!

muymalestado

« Reply #13 on: 08:50:08, 26/08/08 »
A new member has just signed in and his personal site seems worth a look:

http://www.walkingenglishman.com/cornishcoastalpath01.htm

His first post on this site:

http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,1757.msg10172/topicseen.html#msg10172
« Last Edit: 08:51:55, 26/08/08 by muymalestado »
I think this next one will be the top ...

MISKYN

« Reply #14 on: 17:02:29, 08/10/08 »
Cornwall is such a lovely place for walking.
I have the shortwalks guide to Cornwall which is good but i also believe that there is a pathfinder which shows walks of various levels and lengths.
St Anthony head is a must the views are georgeous on a nice day.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy