Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 576372 times)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #2085 on: 19:19:24, 01/05/17 »
Leading an 11 mile walk on Saturday; Highshaw Clough, Moscar, Stanage End, Stanage Edge, North Lees, Bamford Edge & Hordron Edge....with a lot of lovely bits in between!  Weather looks fairly good too! 8)

What a great day and not that many folk about, considering it was a Saturday and a BH weekend. Our group (all 34 of us! :o ) were the only ones around for most of my route  8)

Parked in Wormhill yesterday and had an easy going wander through Flag Dale, Chee Dale & Monks Dale.  Lots of lovely Early Purple orchids out down the dales :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2086 on: 09:25:42, 06/05/17 »
I've been waiting for the weather "to "break" for some time and it seems as though this weekend is going to be perfect.  Sundays outing will be to the Northern Fells,  Blencathra via Sharp Edge the destination.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2087 on: 19:24:25, 06/05/17 »
I walked today over the South Downs from Lewes to Rottingdean and then on top of the cliffs to Brighton Marina.

welshwiz

« Reply #2088 on: 21:43:17, 07/05/17 »
First walk for 6 months after major surgery. Capel Curig to Crimpiau
And back O0  tired out but very happy
To many mountains, not enough time.

Peakandfell

« Reply #2089 on: 17:01:34, 08/05/17 »
I think we're going to stay local and just do a little walk around Shincliffe near Durham. Take a picnic and try to get some shelter from this pesky Easterly wind. It's getting on my nerves now  ::)
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing.
Peak and Fell Outdoor Gear Store [nofollow]

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2090 on: 20:11:26, 08/05/17 »
Headed out on to Dartmoor with the ramblers Sunday.  We walked the Wheal Emma leat  Sounds simple enough. It was, wrt navigation, however the going was far tougher that it looked on the map. Took us over 7 hours, to cover 15 miles.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2091 on: 08:34:44, 11/05/17 »
Another group walk took me up Win Hill and over Crook Hill on Sunday.  It was boiling! 8)

Leading an 11 mile walk around the quieter side of the Eastern Moors this Saturday, starting with Brown Edge. We'll be calling in at Longshaw before crossing the moors and heading for Barbrook Reservoir, Ramsley Reservoir and Leash Fen. A lovely walk with lots of interest and should be fairly quiet.

On Sunday I'm doing an 18 mile group walk that the organiser calls the 'Kinder Skyline'.  It's gonna be a tough one! :o
***Happiness is only a smile away***

KimE

« Reply #2092 on: 19:49:00, 13/05/17 »
Walked a bit on the High Coast Trail, Sweden. Up on the beacon mountian Valkallen. The last fire was 1722 then the russians raided the coast. Wonderful weather and nice views over the botnicbay and the Nora fjord/bay.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2093 on: 20:35:12, 13/05/17 »
I walked from Shoreham up on to the South Downs and by the river Adur today.  Very pleasant, with masses of white blossom on the scrub, and panoramic views over the Adur valley.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2094 on: 23:06:41, 13/05/17 »
Did a lovely walk this afty - a Wayrham to Fridaythorpe circuit in the Yorkshire Wolds. 

Big sky views, patchwork fields of our green and pleasant land, deep glacial dry chalk valleys, cute baby lambsies, randy bullocks, dense woodland with twigs that go snap behind you and there's nobody there  :o   and the sun even came out  :)

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2095 on: 10:18:09, 14/05/17 »
We did a couple of early evening walks, both there-and-backs - Rushup Edge from Mam Nick on Friday and Mam Tor/Great Ridge from the same point last night. It was a bit murky on Friday but last night was glorious!  :)

A phone pic from last Mam Tor night:

Image may contain: cloud, sky, mountain, outdoor and nature

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2096 on: 16:52:18, 15/05/17 »
No walk planned for this coming weekend, will be sat on me bum all weekend watching rugby league instead.  The following weekend though is a trip to Ingleborough, more specifically Gaping Gill, Bradford Caving Club have their annual winch event on, can highly recommend it if anyone is in the area.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2097 on: 17:46:45, 15/05/17 »
With luck between Crowden and Malham on my PW walk  O0
Where there's a will ...

Sarah Pitht

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2098 on: 18:57:33, 20/05/17 »
Today - Aira Force to Patterdale. Up to Lanty's Tarn, overcto Greenside Rd and a sneaky drink at the Travellers Rest - great beer now it is run by the Heskett Newmarket brewery. To the pier to get the boat to Aira Force - those boats not running for some reason. So back to Aira Force on foot. A bit of rain but an enjoyable and easy walk.

Knackered now after digging out half a border in the garden.

jethro10

« Reply #2099 on: 17:14:26, 21/05/17 »
Yesterday was Helvellyn, lower man, nethermost Pike,Dollywagon.
Weather supposed to be mixed with cloud, showers and sunny spells. Was windy, cloudy, foggy and horizontal hail. Still fun though :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy