Author Topic: Knoydart Walk Advice  (Read 820 times)

A9Traveller

Knoydart Walk Advice
« on: 10:45:59, 20/04/12 »
Hi there,

I know there is already a lot of information about walking in Knoydart on the forum but I couldn;t find exactly what I was looking for hence the new post.

I am planning a trip to climb the three Knoydart munros some time in May (depends on weather) and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on our plans:

Drive from Inverness to Kinloch Hourn on Friday afternoon (aim to be leaving car here at about four o'clock) and walk to Barrisdale (how long anyone?), depending on how long it takes to walk in, either try for space at the bothy (is this likely to be busy during May) or continue up towards Ladhar Bheinn and bivi out at a higher spot.

Saturday climb Ladhar Bheinn and descend via Mam Barrisdale and climb Luinne Bheinn. Bivi out Saturday night somewhere between Luinne Bheinn and Meall Buidhe.

Sunday climb Meall Buidhe and then descend to Inverie to Barrisdale path, crossing back over Mam Barrisdale and then down to Barrisdale and finally out the loch-side path back to Kinloch Hourn.

We'll be travelling fairly light using bivi bags instead of tent and are reasonably fit and experience hill walkers.

Our alternatuive was to take tent to Barrisadel and camp there then try to pick off hills during Saturday before walking back out on Sunday (only trouble with this approach was the weight of my tent (a Terra Nova Quasar two man - 4.3 kg).

Anyone any thoughts?

Steve