Author Topic: sew on walking forum badges and car stickers  (Read 8184 times)

craghopper

• Veteran Member
sew on walking forum badges and car stickers
« on: 15:33:37, 28/07/10 »
has this ever been suggested?it would be a good way of introducing yourself to fellow walkers.anyone any thoughts on this?
40/214

alewife

• Veteran Member
Re: sew on walking forum badges and car stickers
« Reply #1 on: 15:38:41, 28/07/10 »
Yup, been there, done that and tried to buy the tee shirt...but it just never happened last time it was suggested. Probably because it would involve money. Seems a good idea though.
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

craghopper

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 15:41:40, 28/07/10 »
Thats a shame alewife,i would've thought everyone would want one,it would be a great conversation starter.
40/214

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:39:52, 28/07/10 »
I guess the problem would be selling enough to make it worth doing, these type of things tend to only be a reasonable price when you order 100s

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 16:56:07, 28/07/10 »
 ;)   Yeap it has been around before  ::)   Somebody even printed off the old logo before the forum re-design and put it in the rear window off their car, held by sellotape on one meet  :-X

Anyway a agreed logo and Blue Peter.

Do  I really have to list

Access to a laminator

Anyone got one of the old American button Badge Machines?

That paper you buy, print your design on in mirror image then Iron on your T-Shirt..

:)  In a nice world somebody would donated a agreed logo and whoever used it for private use would donate say 50p - to a £1 per item to Mountain rescue.  In the real world somebody pays for and owns this forum, people would use the logo and not donate etc

IMHO..

snowslider

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:09:56, 28/07/10 »
I guess the problem would be selling enough to make it worth doing, these type of things tend to only be a reasonable price when you order 100s

that's a coincidence, I've been working on some artwork for badges this week for something else. Prices are a bit variable though, it depends on size and so on, some places do a minimum order as well. You still can get something for around a couple of quid a go for around 100 albeit not at a great size.

I was in half a mind to post here on the off chance someone was in this business and could do me a quote actually.

yamyam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 19:45:13, 28/07/10 »
some time ago i started a thread on how to identify ourselves to other forum members when out on the hill. Badges are a good idea but some one has to take charge printing selling etc, why dont we just put smiley badges on our rucksacs.
 :coolsmiley:  one f in foreigner   :police:  officer dibble   :crazy2:  pistonpete  :2funny:  amnesiacjimmy   
Every journey begins with a single footprint.
Nuts about walking.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 19:49:20, 28/07/10 »

:coolsmiley:  one f in foreigner   :police:  officer dibble   :crazy2:  pistonpete  :2funny:  amnesiacjimmy

This would be me then..... :angel: 

:D
***Happiness is only a smile away***

yamyam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 19:58:12, 28/07/10 »
I wish my wife was a  :angel:  it would be cheaper than a divorce. ;D
Every journey begins with a single footprint.
Nuts about walking.

craghopper

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 20:00:03, 28/07/10 »
;)   Yeap it has been around before  ::)   Somebody even printed off the old logo before the forum re-design and put it in the rear window off their car, held by sellotape on one meet  :-X

Anyway a agreed logo and Blue Peter.

Do  I really have to list

Access to a laminator

Anyone got one of the old American button Badge Machines?

That paper you buy, print your design on in mirror image then Iron on your T-Shirt..

:)  In a nice world somebody would donated a agreed logo and whoever used it for private use would donate say 50p - to a £1 per item to Mountain rescue.  In the real world somebody pays for and owns this forum, people would use the logo and not donate etc

IMHO..
In aid of mountain rescue,now thats a BRILLIANT IDEA. Theguyuk.
40/214

nixwilliams

« Reply #11 on: 23:55:37, 28/07/10 »
if someone wanted to design a logo but not commit to an outlay of expenses, they could use a service like cafe press.  that way individuals who want to buy the sticker/cap/tshirt can order them online?

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 23:58:41, 28/07/10 »
I generally just walk up to strangers and after a bit of banter ask them if they are on the forum and then they join afterwards  ;D   Do I get commission?
12 songs enjoy while posting and browsing on 'ere  :)   http://tinyurl.com/3rd9vey -

More stuff on Itunes:   http://tinyurl.com/3phvnla

Willowisp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 12:09:36, 29/07/10 »
AJ how many people run scared now as they see you approaching them in the car park ;)

How about we brand people ;) Nah i like the idea of some kinda easy way to ID each other, Hell you might even get a few more members out of it if folks know about the forum.
Willowisp - Beasty known for leading folks astray
Aka
Dan from Surrey don't you know. what what...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46705169@N06/

craghopper

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 12:16:56, 29/07/10 »
http://www.acwood.co.uk/bdprints/production%20infomation.htm

this one seems reasonable.i think the design on the forum we have is brill and would only be 3 colours counting the sky blue background.
40/214

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy