Author Topic: Inov8 325 or 345?  (Read 1389 times)

Owen

• Veteran Member
Inov8 325 or 345?
« on: 20:50:40, 04/11/19 »
Has anyone tried the inov8 boots, either the 325 or the new 345, if so how did you find them?

Did the gore-tex liners help or hinder drying?

Dread

Re: Inov8 325 or 345?
« Reply #1 on: 22:04:18, 04/11/19 »

Mark from wildwalkinguk.com did his LEJOG in the 745s. There is a review on his blog and a thread here:http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=38399.0

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 09:24:47, 05/11/19 »
I was really asking for an update if anyone has one. I've tried their shoes and quite like them but found they wore rather quickly. Also I quite liked the idea of ankle protection offered by the higher cuff. Just not sure about the gore-tex liners. All the fell shoes I've had have been mostly mess so water can slosh in and out again. The idea being that they don't soak up the water but let it get pumped out by you're running action. A gore-tex liner would prevent this, so I'm unsure whether they'd be slower to dry than a more traditional fell shoe.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:48:20, 05/11/19 »
I have Roclite 320 GTX.
I like them particularly because of their lightweight, flexibility and I find the sole less slippy than Vibram (they don't have the newer version of graphene sole so can't comment on that).
Having a material cuff means water can wick in from the top and the Gortex lining is not totally waterproof (as per Mark's review on Wild Walking). My feeling is that they do take quite a long time to dry out thoroughtly.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

andyapanel

« Reply #4 on: 13:31:34, 05/11/19 »
I have worn 286s, 325s and 345s.
They all leaked because the fabric wore where the toes and foot flex.
However, having flirted with Salomans, I think I am going to buy another pair of 345s. The grip is amazing (its not hype) and they are extremely comfy.You can do miles in them: the Duracell of footwear.
If you are stacking the 345s vs 325s, I would recommend the 345s. I found the 325s were a little slippy on rocks.
I try to avoid wading streams with boots on, so can't comment on their ability to drain. However, the 345s started leaking as I was walking into Knighton on the ODP and I did not enjoy dry feet for 4 days afterwards due to dew and rain.
Remember they WILL eventually leak-I expect 100 miles before they fray. Take Sealskinz.
I always buy a size bigger with Inov8.
Buy from Ultralight Outdoor Gear-they have a good returns policy, though you have to shoulder the postage.
Just a thought-have you considered the 275 Trainer?
Like you, I like a high cuff, but might try the 275 next year on the Coast to Coast-with Gaiters.
In summary, a good boot, but expect wet feet sooner or later.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:01:44, 05/11/19 »
I have Roclite 320 GTX.
. My feeling is that they do take quite a long time to dry out thoroughtly.

I have worn 286s, 325s and 345s.
walking into Knighton on the ODP and I did not enjoy dry feet for 4 days afterwards due to dew and rain.

Statements like this seem to reinforce my fears about these boots so I think I'll leave it for now. It's a pity I've got such big feet as I've seen several pairs of non-gore-tex boots for sale but always in small sizes. 

WILDWALKINGUK

« Reply #6 on: 20:56:47, 07/11/19 »
I've walked the TGO Challenge across Scotland in the Roclite 325s and 1200 miles LEJOG in the 345 GTX Graphene. The soles have a similar tread pattern on both but the 345s have a more pronounce rocker and feel a bit more solid, better for longer walks with a heavy pack. The 325s only last about 500 miles and I was amazed the Graphene soled 345s lasted 1200+. I love the comfort of both boots, neither need wearing in and I rarely get blisters in them. The 325s pump the water out and dry really quickly but you do have to get used to getting wet feet even walking through wet grass. Ideal for summer walking, really airy so no sweaty feet. I allow for them wearing quickly and replacing them regularly because I can usually buy them discounted. The 345s with Graphene soles would be my perfect walking boots if the didn't have the Goretex lining in, as this failed well before the boots were worn and from that day on, they took for ever to dry.
My advice would be to buy the 345s from a reputable shop and keep the receipt so when the Goretex membrane fails just return them and get another pair. Goretex have a very good returns policy.
I'm currently testing the waterproof Roclite 370s. Review them shortly; https://wildwalkinguk.com/   or follow me on twitter; https://twitter.com/wildwalkinguk     I hope I've been some help.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 11:05:19, 09/11/19 »

Just a thought-have you considered the 275 Trainer?

Just tried these their size 11's are just a tad too tight, and they don't seem to do an 11.5. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy