Author Topic: Yorkshire Wolds Way  (Read 3689 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Yorkshire Wolds Way
« Reply #15 on: 19:37:59, 20/04/17 »
.....  I am not one to hang around sightseeing, I enjoy the fitness aspect, the solitude and the challenge of a testing walk with all my own gear. .....

Perhaps the YWW isn’t for you then   :-\   appreciation for the serene peace and tranquillity, local history and “Wander art” (the main focus of the YWW) would be lost on you if you are a “heads down, march on” type.....  though you'd definitely get solitude ...
« Last Edit: 20:16:41, 20/04/17 by Mel »

Raferjefferson

« Reply #16 on: 20:52:11, 20/04/17 »
thanks, I was suspecting as much.  I am not much for exploration at present, although I tend to enjoy that as a couple as I have encountered 0.00 women who enjoy cranking out long days with pack, but in bartering a few visits to castles and restaurants I have managed to hold a few as captives for the walking bits! 

If I am on my todd then it's the rolling hills, heather and fresh air that do it.  Not pottering around....I have the rest of my life to potter...oh, and a vague notion that the path is an enemy to be overcome and I will beat that swine into submission as quickly as possible.  There's a little voice in my head on observing a hard ascent that says "oh yeah?  Bring it, fool!"

Murphy

« Reply #17 on: 07:11:44, 21/04/17 »
R -
" I have encountered 0.00 women who enjoy cranking out long days with pack, but in bartering a few visits to castles and restaurants I have managed to hold a few as captives for the walking bits!  "  

Clearly you haven't "encountered" the right women - maybe you had your head down rushing to get from a to b!

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 10:23:53, 21/04/17 »
thanks, I was suspecting as much.  I am not much for exploration at present, although I tend to enjoy that as a couple as I have encountered 0.00 women who enjoy cranking out long days with pack,

Take a look at the results of the Spine race over the years.Quite a few women are capable of covering long distances very quickly carrying a pack(12-15kg),often in excess of 40 miles per day over several days in horrendous conditions.

Raferjefferson

« Reply #19 on: 13:56:50, 21/04/17 »
Take a look at the results of the Spine race over the years.Quite a few women are capable of covering long distances very quickly carrying a pack(12-15kg),often in excess of 40 miles per day over several days in horrendous conditions.

Oh, just let me contextualise:  I haven't dated "walkers", I have tried to recruit former partners who have other interests.  I am just saying that in the general populace muddy 20 mile hikes are not generally seen as a girl's dream holiday.   I am confident there are many women walkers who are hard as nails and could outpace men, dogs, or possibly even small horses, so no implicit sexism meant, I am just saying my previous GFs didn't fancy "hard slog" when there was an option of "interesting ramble"

I did convince a male friend to do a hardcore hike but he gave up 2nd day so my track record supervising either sex to accompany me on long walks is a poor one.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 19:48:01, 24/04/17 »
You're not doing it right RJ  :D   give them a false sense of security.... nice amble with a tea shop, followed up with nice amble but "shall we take a picnic and eat it at the top of a hill?", followed by "do you fancy doing a couple of days away?"

..... THEN.... you throw the 20 mile a day multi day hike at them  ;D

Raferjefferson

« Reply #21 on: 20:23:21, 24/04/17 »
You're not doing it right RJ  :D   give them a false sense of security.... nice amble with a tea shop, followed up with nice amble but "shall we take a picnic and eat it at the top of a hill?", followed by "do you fancy doing a couple of days away?"

..... THEN.... you throw the 20 mile a day multi day hike at them  ;D

Nice one.  Some good ideas there....or I could just drive future ones to the middle of Exmoor with a map, compass and anorak, then quickly drive off.  Initiative test. :-)

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 20:33:48, 24/04/17 »
I would actually LOVE that.  A true test of how good (or bad) I think my nav skills really are  :D

Raferjefferson

« Reply #23 on: 20:51:35, 24/04/17 »
I would actually LOVE that.  A true test of how good (or bad) I think my nav skills really are  :D

That's what I thought about the last woman I abducted to Exmoor....you would be surprised how many judges don't see that as a valid defence....

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 10:02:07, 25/04/17 »

That's what I thought about the last woman I abducted to Exmoor....you would be surprised how many judges don't see that as a valid defence....
Lol, now why didn't I think of that defence? ;D
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy