Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 573302 times)

Ralph

Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #2715 on: 16:41:52, 30/06/19 »
Decided at the last minute (yesterday) to take the offer of a lift to Fort William  on Sunday. So will walk the Great Glen Way.Not sure how I'll get on as have recently had to be admitted back onto cardiology I.C.. They spotted a problem via my internal permanent heart monitor. Great bit of kit. Sends wireless signal nightly to the local hospital and they look at the trace daily. No problems now . Been taken off the beta blockers as they were slowing the ticker too much. Looking forward to a long easy (er) walk and may be able to find out if I do have a second gear. Bag packed,  12Kilo, counting food for the week and water. A few nights under the stars to look forward  to.
Good luck & take care.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2716 on: 20:55:32, 30/06/19 »
Decided at the last minute (yesterday) to take the offer of a lift to Fort William  on Sunday. So will walk the Great Glen Way.Not sure how I'll get on as have recently had to be admitted back onto cardiology I.C.. They spotted a problem via my internal permanent heart monitor. Great bit of kit. Sends wireless signal nightly to the local hospital and they look at the trace daily. No problems now . Been taken off the beta blockers as they were slowing the ticker too much. Looking forward to a long easy (er) walk and may be able to find out if I do have a second gear. Bag packed,  12Kilo, counting food for the week and water. A few nights under the stars to look forward  to.

Chance to gradually build up the fitness, now you are beta blocker free.  Take it steady and enjoy those stars.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2717 on: 21:00:44, 30/06/19 »
Good walk up on Dartmoor today.  Headed over chat tor from the Dartmoor Inn.  Then on past kitty tor and accross the valley to Yes tor.  Then I returned via Lints tor.  Enjoyed a little climb to the top. Never got up it before in all these years, as the weather has always been poor on previous visits.  Not today, finally some decent walking weather too.  Cool and sunny.
« Last Edit: 21:05:30, 30/06/19 by BuzyG »

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2718 on: 18:28:15, 28/07/19 »
Good 15 miles walk out from near Ivy Bridge to Green Hill and the Erm pits.  Bagged my last few tors in that area along the way.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2719 on: 18:32:53, 28/07/19 »
Staying near Welshpool and had a hideous walk today.
No waymarks, paths planted over with crops and overgrown with brambles and nettles. Electric fences and barbwire fences.
Wish we hadn't done it.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2720 on: 19:15:56, 28/07/19 »
I've stayed indoors all day today, apart from nipping to the shop. Weather's been awful, raining all day long.
Still, no watering the plants for a few days now! :D

Hoping to get out tomorrow :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2721 on: 07:58:01, 31/07/19 »
Unless it's raining when I get up, I'm going on the Smardale walk ninthace suggested 2 and a half months ago (!) on Saturday. I might go even if it is raining but would like the chance at least of nicer weather, weather.com predicts rain, accuweather not.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2722 on: 22:59:57, 03/08/19 »
Did a nice walk around North Cave Wetlands Nature Reserve today with our WI walking group.  Saw a Kingfisher  :)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2723 on: 22:35:25, 04/08/19 »
Dartmoor again for me today.  Got in some serious training for the Dartmoor Highground Marathon.

http://www.dartmoorhighground.com/marathon-route

Today was 24.5 miles following the marathon route.  I dropped off a Couple of LTRs of water under a rock near the half way point at Nodden Gate.  On my way up. That meant I could travel at a decent lick.  Managed the route, which included over a mile of accent, in just under 7 hours.  The final 1000 ft accent staight up Yes tor, was a tester, took just on an hour for that, then jogged the rest of the route down.  Realy satisfying day on the moor, when I think, this time last year I was injured and worried I might have to stop walking.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2724 on: 08:36:55, 05/08/19 »
Good luck with the marathon, busyg.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2725 on: 12:20:49, 05/08/19 »
Dartmoor again for me today.  Got in some serious training for the Dartmoor Highground Marathon.

http://www.dartmoorhighground.com/marathon-route

I think this is the event my brother was planning to do, sounds quite interesting.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2726 on: 18:49:32, 06/08/19 »
Good luck with the marathon, busyg.
Thanks Richard.  I just hope it's not too hot.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2727 on: 18:52:59, 06/08/19 »

I think this is the event my brother was planning to do, sounds quite interesting.

Not too many entrants around 60 so far.  May I ask his name?

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2728 on: 20:17:32, 06/08/19 »

Not too many entrants around 60 so far.  May I ask his name?

Pete Merrick.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2729 on: 20:52:55, 06/08/19 »
Not this coming weekend but the one after, I'm going back to Aviemore to try and finish my walk from Ben Macdui to Ben Nevis. Just hope the rainy weather has past over by then. just worked out some weights, just under 7kg for kit, 5.2kg for 8 days food, and an additional 950g of camera kit.   

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy