Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 278844 times)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #1170 on: 08:13:33, 16/05/20 »
A short walk on Meathop Moss, a raised peat mire in the lower Winster valley. Damselflies, dragonflies, Green Hairstreak butterflies, reed buntings, warblers, cranberries, bog rosemary - even a lizard basking in the sun on the boardwalk!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1171 on: 08:38:47, 16/05/20 »
Was going to type a humourus comment but cant think of any!

:)

Sounds like a good decision April - must be so hard to be separated like this.  Opened a bottle of wine yet?

I opened one when I got back home at 7.15pm  :)

Glad that you got to meet up with Beefy and Squeaky, April. No guilt necessary.

Thank you Richard. It is has been awful being separated from them. I know there will be plenty of other people tut tutting however  :)
Hate will never win

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1172 on: 08:43:15, 16/05/20 »
Thank you Richard. It is has been awful being separated from them. I know there will be plenty of other people tut tutting however  :)
No cause for anyone to tut. In England you are allowed to travel any distance and to meet up with another person outside your household. In this scenario, I think any adherence to social distancing is down to the pair (or 3) of you. Keep safe while driving 250 miles in a day.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1173 on: 09:07:31, 16/05/20 »
In this scenario, I think any adherence to social distancing is down to the pair (or 3) of you. Keep safe while driving 250 miles in a day.

Squeaky didn't manage at first  :) I will do my best to keep safe on the drive there and back  :) The M6 was pretty quiet, it was busier on the M61 and M60 and on the A62. I can't remember ever driving down the M6 beyond Penrith before. The section bypassing Kendal and Shap is spectacular. I've only seen the Howgills from a distance before. When this Covid malarkey is over we will be going there.
Hate will never win

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1174 on: 09:08:43, 16/05/20 »
I drove 125 miles today to meet up with beefy and Squeaky in a green space near where he lives.

Well I do hope Squeaky kept to the social distancing rules or you could be in for a knock on the door from the boys in blue.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1175 on: 09:12:36, 16/05/20 »
Well I do hope Squeaky kept to the social distancing rules or you could be in for a knock on the door from the boys in blue.

;D

Hate will never win

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1176 on: 09:18:04, 16/05/20 »
Carpe Diem.
So no quite 'seize the day' but stand 2 meters from it.

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1177 on: 09:24:57, 16/05/20 »
So no quite 'seize the day' but stand 2 meters from it.
Have we turned American?  :-\
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1178 on: 09:28:11, 16/05/20 »
Must apologise for my kvetching  :-[
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1179 on: 09:35:04, 16/05/20 »
I prefer the late Terry Pratchett's "Carpe Jugulum"
Solvitur Ambulando

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1180 on: 09:36:23, 16/05/20 »
Have we turned American?  :-\
Sorry, not American just dodgy spelling which isn't caught be spell check.

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1181 on: 10:31:37, 16/05/20 »
I've only seen the Howgills from a distance before. When this Covid malarkey is over we will be going there.
A very underrated area of the 'lakes'.  Some beautiful scenery and walks and nowhere near the mass of visitors the more popular hotspots of the lakes get.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1182 on: 15:34:27, 20/05/20 »
I have been out on N Dartmoor this morning trying out my knee of rougher ground now that we are allowed.  Lots of cars parked up on the range for the middle of the week, so I presume a lot of people have not gone back to work yet.  Our route avoided the honeypots of Yes Tor and Rowtor and despite all the cars, we only saw one person to  speak to all morning.  Did see a police patrol van though - that's a first for up there.
Solvitur Ambulando

vizzavona

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1183 on: 15:44:48, 25/05/20 »
Out into the local National Park on the stride extender....round trip from home and return. A test for the replaced freehub, chain and crank wheels.
Along the A9 cycle/walking track, into Kincraig and up to Feshie bridge, moor of Feshie, Loch an Eilein, Glenmore along trails.... the Northern Coiries of Braeriach with lingering snowfields in the distance  and then to Aviemore on the Loggers Trail, a bit of the Speyside Way and then home.  Mainly sunny with a strong headwind on return.  I didn't see anyone until Loch an Eilein….. just a couple with dog and one cyclist and this on a bank holiday the very lifeblood of the Highland economy.
From a distance few a words exchanged with a man painting at the Café and no one on the Logging trail until close to the village. I guess that I was tiring at this time when passed by a friendly biker when approaching the Speyside Way.
All very quiet until the traffic noise from the A9 came into earshot.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1184 on: 17:06:35, 25/05/20 »
the Northern Coiries of Braeriach with lingering snowfields in the distance..

Sigh - you've set me dreaming...
 - but I shoudn't be envious as I have some decent country on my doorstep, and Aviemore is only a tad over five hours away.....

Sounds as if you had a good day. O0
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy