Author Topic: Beacons way  (Read 1311 times)

dank86

Beacons way
« on: 22:25:15, 10/01/19 »
So I've decided in going to be doing this in April but wondering if those who have done it did you do it easy to west or west to east?

Im thinking west to east because I live pretty near the start in Abergaveny, so it would be a bit like walking home, but then there's the time it takes to get the train to the start and then getting going half the day could be gone.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: Beacons way
« Reply #1 on: 16:37:05, 14/01/19 »

My wife and I walked from Swansea to Conwy once, when we lived in Dolwyddelan. I really liked the idea of walking home, so I would go W-E. And you'll have the prevailing wind at your back.

PS - The last day of our walk, from our house in Dolwyddelan to Conwy was a real treat. We abandoned the heavy packs, and just took light daysacks, and galloped over the hills as if we had wings!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 18:36:46, 14/01/19 »
I walked a short distance of it last year from Abergavenny until I reached Offas Dyke path, I then walked to Chepstow. Lovely and sunny.

dank86

« Reply #3 on: 18:39:13, 14/01/19 »
I walked a short distance of it last year from Abergavenny until I reached Offas Dyke path, I then walked to Chepstow. Lovely and sunny.

Im based just outside Chepstow so if I do walk w-e and have time it join on to Offa's and walk home

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:35:04, 15/01/19 »
The only reason I did not walk the whole route of the Beacons Way in 2018, is because I live in Portsmouth and if I continued to walk west it took me further and further away from home. It was one of those times in life when I had to get home by a certain date and I worked out I just couldn't hike that fast. If I attempt it this year, its on my list of hikes I would like to do, I would start at the most westerly point and walk back towards Abergavenny.

dank86

« Reply #5 on: 11:26:19, 15/01/19 »
Think im going to walk to Abergavenny TBF at least that way everyday is closer to home of it starts getting rough 😂

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy