Author Topic: [TR] SWCP Bigbury on Sea to West Bay  (Read 1313 times)

Phileas

[TR] SWCP Bigbury on Sea to West Bay
« on: 06:05:21, 22/10/13 »
Just a very brief report on my progress. So far I've had three very good walks and I'm expecting another four this week - the coast path always delivers!

My previous trip a few weeks ago got me to Bigbury on Sea, so on Saturday, after travelling down from Bristol, I resumed on the other bank of the Avon.

There was a brief heavy shower initially but after that the sky cleared and the weather was lovely. It was windy, of course, but that's OK because it means I can walk briskly up hill without getting too hot. :)
The scenery as Salcombe is approached is superb but this is possibly the best bit:
« Last Edit: 23:32:55, 07/08/14 by Chris »
Robin

Phileas

Re: [TR] SWCP Bigbury on Sea to West Bay
« Reply #1 on: 06:13:59, 22/10/13 »
Salcombe YHA to Stoke Fleming.

The first section if this walk up to Prawle point is superb - rugged, rocky and remote feeling - the brooding sky and foamy sea just added to the whole experience.
This picture doesn't do it justice but does show the angry sea:

The walk between Start Point and Stoke Fleming becomes quite flat which isn't really to my taste but the variety of terrain is typical of the coast path.
« Last Edit: 06:26:53, 22/10/13 by Phileas »
Robin

Phileas

« Reply #2 on: 06:37:43, 22/10/13 »
Stoke Fleming to Brixham

This is a fairly hilly stretch after Dartmouth, particularly at the Brixham end with one or two big climbs.
The weather became quite wet early on then dried up briefly as I walked through picturesque Dartmouth. It rained moderately hard for an hour or so after Dartmouth but then dried up until Brixham when it [censored] down.
This is typical of the scenery towards Brixham:
Robin

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 22:59:45, 22/10/13 »
Great shots Robin.  Always love coastal scenery! O0

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy