Author Topic: TR - Scafell Pike loop from Seathwaite including Glaramara  (Read 1357 times)

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
https://livetheoutdoors.wordpress.com/2020/03/29/lakes-scafellpikeround/

Since most of us are spending a fair bit of time around the house I figured I'd slowly work my way through the photos and write up some TRs!  This was from a route done in 2019 a few weeks prior to guiding a group doing a National Three Peak event up SP at night, and I wanted the corridor route to be fresh in my mind.  Not to mention it being a route I had wanted to do for some years.  Plenty of pics thrown in.

April

• Veteran Member
Fab report and photos forgotmyoldpassword  O0

I will be looking at your photos again in my head when I go for the walk from my door shortly  :)
Hate will never win

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
Fab report and photos forgotmyoldpassword  O0

I will be looking at your photos again in my head when I go for the walk from my door shortly  :)

Thanks April - I had all but forgotten about this trip.  If one good thing has come out of this whole mess it is having A Bloody Good Sort Out, from the garden to loads of old photos I had all but forgotten.  We'll both be doing the same later then, definitely a day to get the wind proof out though!

beefy

• Veteran Member
Enjoyed that, nice pics O0
Looks quiet on the summit compared to last time we were there  :o
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

karl h

• Veteran Member
Great pics from a fair old walk O0
Never been down the Hind gill route. But it's on the list :)

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
Thanks beefy - was quite amazed how quickly you lose them when you move from the busier paths. Like a different world.

Karl - it was a lovely one, thank you.  The gill was a bit of a pleasant surprise, definitely wish I had walking sticks on the day for it though!

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Lovely pics FMOP, and a cracking day out. I'm another one who hasn't done the Hind Gill route, will have to give it a go. Love the Corridor route.
« Last Edit: 18:46:23, 29/03/20 by pdstsp »

Mel

• Veteran Member
Lovely pics FMOP  O0   Scafell Pike was on my "to do" list for this year (my Year of Mountains) but I'll make do with a virtual tour, courtesy of your good self.

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
I'm another one who hasn't done the Hind Gill route, will have to give it a go. Love the Corridor route.

These little areas you 'randomly find' or stumble in to are by far the most rewarding I think, certainly when the alternatives are heavily developed paths.

The Corridor route was lovely, I actually ended up doing it three times in practically as many weeks last year - I'll post a couple of snaps taken from there from the night route we did, the descent as the morning light appeared was mesmeric.

Mel: Hopefully these can add to your virtual tour  ;D

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Excellent blog post & photos O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
An enjoyable read - and I had forgotten how green grass can be!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy