Author Topic: A Blast from the Past!  (Read 18939 times)

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
Re: A Blast from the Past!
« Reply #30 on: 01:38:22, 27/02/11 »
Thats not your best joke ;D .
None of em are  ;)

I heard PP did some stand up once, at the end this bloke says,

"You're crap you are." Bloke's mate turns to PP and says,

"Ignore him, he's got no mind of his own, he just repeats what everyone else is sayin..."

PS I CAN do quotes, see...  ;D
12 songs enjoy while posting and browsing on 'ere  :)   http://tinyurl.com/3rd9vey -

More stuff on Itunes:   http://tinyurl.com/3phvnla

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 08:52:11, 27/02/11 »
They are great photos Julie O0

I believe that few people ever find the courage and inner strength to be who they TRULY are and how they TRULY want to be - to be completely honest with themselves and those around them, no matter what the cost.

Perhaps some would view this as selfishness - but unless the 'self' is our first priority, our first consideration, then everything we do and say thereafter would be based on a lie. The foundation of our lives would be flawed forever.

Best wishes to you,

Tracey :)

***Happiness is only a smile away***

JulianC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 09:31:20, 27/02/11 »

Unfortunately, I think it probably is. :-\

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 09:45:54, 27/02/11 »
They are great photos Julie O0

I believe that few people ever find the courage and inner strength to be who they TRULY are and how they TRULY want to be - to be completely honest with themselves and those around them, no matter what the cost.

Perhaps some would view this as selfishness - but unless the 'self' is our first priority, our first consideration, then everything we do and say thereafter would be based on a lie. The foundation of our lives would be flawed forever.

Best wishes to you,

Tracey :)

Thanks Tracey.  I should have lots more, perhaps time to look in the attic and fish out my old maps and rucksacs.  Might even have some routes drawn out on them, now that would be fun to look at.  Been watching wild camping videos and remembering places I wasn't sure whether I had been to or not.  Can certainly remember striding edge and helvelyn, I remember the last time I went up there it was all low cloud and then a brief interlude and I was terrified. Lol.  Love being up the mountains but not so fond of steep drops, not that it has stopped me.

Watched someones video yestersay of the 3 peaks in Yorkshire, think that was the last walk I did in the NP's, which considering was a works sponsored walk and no one had walked above three miles before was quite an achievment for the group. We completed in 11hrs.
Julie

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 13:17:57, 27/02/11 »
Thank you for your sharing Julie, this is a lovely thread.  It is a pleasure to read
your story and it's good to say hello to you.  O0

And, Lexi says hello to Lady.  :)
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

mad max

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 13:25:31, 27/02/11 »
Great photo's Julie,thanks for taking the time to share them with us.I must ask you,did you donate your old jumpers to a charity shop because my bezzie mate Exit5man,Howie,shops in them all the time and im sure he was wearing one of them the last time we went out for a pint  ;) .Hope to meet you on a forum meet up soon  O0 ,had some great laughs on them and met some really nice people as well.
Freeman of Tryfan.
Welsh Nuttalls completer.
I am a troll,beware.

HumperLumper

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 13:30:16, 27/02/11 »
Actually Madmax wouldn't that be a great idea for a meet, all wearing old jumpers and clothes like Wainwright tweed? :)

PistonPete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 13:31:52, 27/02/11 »
Unfortunately, I think it probably is. :-\

You can go off people you know  ;D

You know me PP lighthearted O0 .

I hope it isn't otherwise, I'm doomed  :)
Walk

JulianC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 13:35:10, 27/02/11 »
Actually Madmax wouldn't that be a great idea for a meet, all wearing old jumpers and clothes like Wainwright tweed? :)

Now that sounds like a fine idea. Quite fancy a pair of plus fours.

HumperLumper

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: 13:40:29, 27/02/11 »
Ive already got the flat cap  :)

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: 14:56:40, 27/02/11 »
Thank you for your sharing Julie, this is a lovely thread.  It is a pleasure to read
your story and it's good to say hello to you.  O0

And, Lexi says hello to Lady.  :)

Thanks dibble glad you enjoy the thread and hope I can bring many more topics to the forum.  I went into the attic and found my maps, rucsacs and compass, even found my phoenix gortex waterproof trousers, unfortunately they are far too small.  :(   

Made a few good friends on here, just need to remember whos who, doing any of you use facebook? If so I use [email protected] and only have 2 contacts.  ;)
Julie

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: 15:05:22, 27/02/11 »
Great photo's Julie,thanks for taking the time to share them with us.I must ask you,did you donate your old jumpers to a charity shop because my bezzie mate Exit5man,Howie,shops in them all the time and im sure he was wearing one of them the last time we went out for a pint  ;) .Hope to meet you on a forum meet up soon  O0 ,had some great laughs on them and met some really nice people as well.

Hey MadMax yes some where up north :) I can't wait to meet a few of you and could do with a good laugh and some excitement.  Not sure when though as need some income.   :(
Julie

letmeoutofhere

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: 19:24:32, 27/02/11 »
If you guys are going out in plus fours, what do us girls wear? Do I need to get a tweed skirt and a twin set?? Well done Julie, you've really started something here  ;D ;D

mountainwalker39

« Reply #43 on: 20:14:40, 27/02/11 »
Breeches were all the rage at one time and were very practical. 8)

The chap with his foot on the stile is Earnest Marples. Minister for Transport in 1962.

These are two of my old pics from RAF MRT times.

susiej

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: 20:17:53, 27/02/11 »
Ive been away with no internet for a few days and so have only just seen this thread; brill photos Julie, it really says something that you are happy to share a glimpse of your past without meeting us face to face (yet). I hope you don't mind me cautioning you about putting your email out on a public forum though? all the best  O0
take it easy...but take it

www.yogaunionswansea.org

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy