Author Topic: His Latest Flame.  (Read 1091 times)

False_Summit_Veteran

His Latest Flame.
« on: 22:32:41, 15/05/08 »
Can anyone tell me of any camp sites they know of in Snowdonia that allow a small, obviously well managed open fire?  I want to toast my toes as I look at the stars and sip on a hot chocolate and sigh with pleasure.

I remember one in Bedgelert, but I'm not sure if that still allows wood fires.  I'll find out, but if anyone can help my research with suggestions of other sites, I'll look them up.
Any Moel's a goal.

False_Summit_Veteran

Re: His Latest Flame.
« Reply #1 on: 22:48:32, 15/05/08 »
Any Moel's a goal.

Mr Sam

« Reply #2 on: 23:06:07, 15/05/08 »
Sadly thats quite a small list especially in the north west.

Peoples kids are going to miss out if they go camping and cant have a campfire.
"I've run out of map... Hold on"

Mairi

« Reply #3 on: 04:58:23, 16/05/08 »
Yeh, gazing into a jetboil flame isn't quite the same, is it. :D

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 09:37:42, 16/05/08 »
Peoples kids are going to miss out if they go camping and cant have a campfire.

Send them to Cub/Scout camp, they own their own sites and are still very keen on camp fires.

False_Summit_Veteran

« Reply #5 on: 13:07:13, 16/05/08 »
It's a bigger list than I was expecting to find in one place.  As long as there's still some places where you can chat over the crackle of burning wood.  Seems the thing that sites that allow fires do these days is to say you have to buy your wood from the site. 

You could send your kids to scout camp, but that would mean you would miss out on the look on their faces in the golden glow.

So what are we toasting on the fire tonight?  I'm up for a piece of toast, even a marshmallow, anyone got the patience (and a fork) to cook me a couple of sausages?  I have heard recently about cooking dough on a stick over the fire, then dipping the dough balls in butter, which sounds quite lush.   :P
Any Moel's a goal.

Mr Sam

« Reply #6 on: 18:04:27, 16/05/08 »
get some flour salt and water and you can make bread. Disgusting bread but bread non the less.

One of the last scout camps I went to we spit roasted a whole chicken. It was gorgeous.
"I've run out of map... Hold on"

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy