Author Topic: Something more positive.  (Read 1876 times)

Owen

• Veteran Member
Something more positive.
« on: 13:02:25, 29/03/20 »
This is a new thread just for positive things, no virus or any other negative thoughts.

To start things off here is something far more intelligent.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
Re: Something more positive.
« Reply #1 on: 13:23:15, 29/03/20 »
Possibly posted in the wrong area of the forum though? ??? ??

But I'll give it a go. General walking eh?

What are your favourite stretching exercises.

I tend to treat the struggle I have getting my boots and socks off without holding onto anything as my daily stretch.
Too little, too late, too bad......

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:35:10, 29/03/20 »
Yes, I have that problem too, I'm not as supple as I used to be, getting my socks on and off is my hardest task.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:23:58, 29/03/20 »
Thank you jimbob and gunwharfman, no problem there for me. You've cheered me up no end, I'm clearly not as decrepit as I thought I was  :)

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:27:49, 29/03/20 »
If we posted the walks we plan to do would that help, or would it be more depressing? A fantasy walks thread?

I was planning, now on hold, to walk every pass and hawse/hause in the Lake District. Not all at once mind.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:56:05, 29/03/20 »
This is a new thread just for positive things, no virus or any other negative thoughts.

All of the above - great idea  O0

Edited to add:  I'm rather enjoying everyone's "local real, imagined or virtual walks" trip reports.  It's nice to see that people do actually get out and about locally in between their "real walks". 

Percy - we could organise a virtual forum meet!  :D

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 18:52:43, 29/03/20 »
I was planning, now on hold, to walk every pass and hawse/hause in the Lake District. Not all at once mind.

Here is one for you Percy, courtesy of Terry Marsh. The 3 passes walk, starting from Mardale Head Car Park. Over Nan Bield Pass down through Kentmere, over the Kentmere to Longsleddale Pass, up Longsleddale and over Gatesgarth Pass back to the car park. 10 miles with 870m of ascent. It is a great walk  :)
Hate will never win

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 08:53:27, 30/03/20 »
The sun has been out all day long for over a week.  O0

The garden now looks crisp and tended.  :)

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 09:00:54, 30/03/20 »
Yesterday, the sun went in at last and the weather was cold and windy with wintery showers. Brilliant! - I was the only one out exercising!  :)
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 09:10:02, 30/03/20 »
Sun rise was 0545 this morning, sun set was 19.30 last night here in central Scotland. Still chilly at night but daytime is warming up.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 09:13:26, 30/03/20 »
When you say warming up, do you mean above freezing?  ;D

Love those long Scottish days, I can remember my first visit to Orkney and being surprised by the twilight which never seemed to get any darker, even in April.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 09:46:49, 30/03/20 »
My walk yesterday took me past a genuine farm shop - they raise their own cattle, organically, and sell the produce - it was open with an honesty box. (and santitizer/gloves/disinfectant wipes)

I had the most fabulous fillet steak for supper
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 09:50:44, 30/03/20 »
Sun rise was 0545 this morning, sun set was 19.30 last night here in central Scotland. Still chilly at night but daytime is warming up.

With the lengthening daylight human time has ceased to be meaningful - getup whenever, eat whenever, do what you want whenever you want and go back to bed ditto. Repeat  Life has slowed to walking pace

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 14:24:02, 30/03/20 »
When you say warming up, do you mean above freezing?  ;D

Love those long Scottish days, I can remember my first visit to Orkney and being surprised by the twilight which never seemed to get any darker, even in April.

Ah yes.  I recall phoning MrsG from Dunfermline one summers evening, around midnight.  What are you up to this time of night she commented.  Playing golf was my reply.  O0

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 14:58:11, 30/03/20 »
Getting a decent night's sleep when camping on Orkney in June was almost impossible - not so much the light but the flipping oystercatchers, curlew, blackbirds, starlings etc - dawn chorus was just a noisier continuation of the days calls.

It was wonderful really - wish I was there now.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy