Author Topic: Have you ever walked beyond your physical and mental limits?  (Read 1883 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
It is indeed, particularly so was at the end of the day and after the other 5 'peaks' I'd already done
It is one of those hills where you can touch the ground without bending down!
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
It is one of those hills where you can touch the ground without bending down!
Strangely I love those type off hills.  It means you can push your CV system hard, without all the repetitive impact issues of walking longer distances on flatter ground. Much as I love a full day of walking, some times I just want/need the exercise and steep ground beats running every time for me. Hard to find on the moors though.

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
Strangely I love those type off hills.  It means you can push your CV system hard, without all the repetitive impact issues of walking longer distances on flatter ground. Much as I love a full day of walking, some times I just want/need the exercise and steep ground beats running every time for me. Hard to find on the moors though.
Any road out of Boscastle will make you sweat.
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Any road out of Boscastle will make you sweat.

I think I have walked them all.  Very pleasant they are too. ;).

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member

I think I have walked them all.  Very pleasant they are too. ;) .
Boscastle to Crackington Haven is a walk I almost finished, had to turn back as work called.
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Boscastle to Crackington Haven is a walk I almost finished, had to turn back as work called.

Ah yes, High Cliff than is a haul. It's a decent walk there and back, wth some interesting small headlands that you can scramble out to along the way.  I recall several huts on route too. Great section of the coast.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy