Author Topic: Police Guidance For Exercise  (Read 6390 times)

Toxicbunny

Re: Police Guidance For Exercise
« Reply #15 on: 19:47:15, 20/04/20 »
Thanks for clearing that up.  We have none pf the problems you describe in our area. There are are a lot more folk out and about close the to the village it is true, with or without dogs.  The distancing protocols are observed and often, since a lot of us recognise each other, we may have a bit of chat too.  Crapapples have never been a problem round here and the loose dog/stock issue is caused by visitors to the area rather than by locals.  Fortunately, we do not see many of those at present and long may that continue under the current circumstances.  Litter - yes we still have that but it has improved.  The main culprits were the local kids gathering of an evening and there is less of that now.
I live rural and it's a small village with everyone knowing each other and not many kids. We have walks around so I'm lucky however I've done them time and time again. We have had an influx of walkers while all are not bad there has been a minority of utter idiots. I collected disposable gloves up this morning just left at the farm gates.  It's the new walkers that's doing it so the farmer has now blocked all permissive routes off to non locals. The ones that have been stupid enough to park on private land have been moved on pretty quick. I suppose once lockdown is over they will be gone thankfully. Even new year we dont see this many.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 19:56:00, 20/04/20 »
In the meantime, once the travel to walk idea gets loose, things are likely to get worse for you.
Solvitur Ambulando

Toxicbunny

« Reply #17 on: 20:00:15, 20/04/20 »
In the meantime, once the travel to walk idea gets loose, things are likely to get worse for you.
It will ease as people will travel further afield like the beaches etc. The farmers have had a good weekend up here slurry spreading  O0

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 20:08:02, 20/04/20 »
It will ease as people will travel further afield like the beaches etc.

The rules about exercise have not changed!!! Essential travel only. What you have read are guidelines for the police and what they may or may not fine you for.

The police have been turning people away trying to get into the Lake District this last weekend. Stay close to home or we will end up having a longer or more draconian lockdown.
Hate will never win

Toxicbunny

« Reply #19 on: 20:26:21, 20/04/20 »
The rules about exercise have not changed!!! Essential travel only. What you have read are guidelines for the police and what they may or may not fine you for.

The police have been turning people away trying to get into the Lake District this last weekend. Stay close to home or we will end up having a longer or more draconian lockdown.
April that statement if you read the original post above was about my area easing up on visitors. Please read the above posts.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 20:49:51, 20/04/20 »
Please read the above posts.

I did read them  :) My point is that people shouldn't really be driving to exercise. Just because they may not get fined doesn't make it ok to do so, IMHO. There is nobody more fed up than me at doing the same walks but surely we should all wait just a few more weeks when hopefully things will get better? If we don't, villages like ninthace's could end up with people catching the virus when at the moment it is free of it. This isn't aimed directly at you Toxicbunny by the way or anyone else in particular.
Hate will never win

MarkT

« Reply #21 on: 22:17:36, 20/04/20 »
I think the guidelines are quite simple......Only travel if essential.

If you think driving 20 mins to do a walk, is essential travel, not matter how long or short the walk is then that is your decision but please do not complain if the lock down is extended and/or tighter restrictions enforced.

What if you were to have a car accident on your so called "essential" drive. I don't think the ambulance staff will be too happy to come out to you and I know A&E staff would not be amused. You could be taking up an urgent bed, using vital NHS supples and taking staff away from people who need our doctors and nurses the most during these times.

It's not just about you as an individual getting your daily exercise, this is about the country uniting together. Please think about others and the consequences you may cause.

We are all in this together so why can't we all fight this together.

Toxicbunny

« Reply #22 on: 23:33:15, 20/04/20 »
I think the guidelines are quite simple......Only travel if essential.

If you think driving 20 mins to do a walk, is essential travel, not matter how long or short the walk is then that is your decision but please do not complain if the lock down is extended and/or tighter restrictions enforced.

What if you were to have a car accident on your so called "essential" drive. I don't think the ambulance staff will be too happy to come out to you and I know A&E staff would not be amused. You could be taking up an urgent bed, using vital NHS supples and taking staff away from people who need our doctors and nurses the most during these times.

It's not just about you as an individual getting your daily exercise, this is about the country uniting together. Please think about others and the consequences you may cause.

We are all in this together so why can't we all fight this together.
Mark , I travel almost 20 minutes to access a supermarket.
Obviously there will be idiots who will abuse this and drive hours on end however driving to exercise is permitted.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/drive-walk-countryside-coronavirus-lockdown-rules-police-guidance-a4416766.html

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 19:47:53, 21/04/20 »
Interesting reading    -  https://www.college.police.uk/What-we-do/COVID-19/Documents/What-constitutes-a-reasonable-excuse.pdf 

Although legally entitled to, you would have to question the morality of doing so...
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 19:50:29, 21/04/20 »
Solvitur Ambulando

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 19:51:10, 21/04/20 »
Is this different form post #1 in this thread?
Erm nope  ;D   just checked and it is the same, doh.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 19:57:02, 21/04/20 »
Erm nope  ;D   just checked and it is the same, doh.
Well is it any different from post #308 in this thread http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=40033.300?
 ;D
Solvitur Ambulando

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 20:00:08, 21/04/20 »
Without looking, probably not  ;D   I really should read through the whole thread rather than just current pages  O0

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 20:06:19, 21/04/20 »
   I really should read through the whole thread rather than just current pages  O0

I wouldn't bother unless you really want to lose the will to live.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 20:11:38, 21/04/20 »
I wouldn't bother unless you really want to lose the will to live.
Perhaps we should apply the rules of Radio 4's "Just a Minute" for Corvid-19 related posts?  ;)
Solvitur Ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy