Author Topic: You don't have to go up Snowdon any more, just go in Decathlon  (Read 837 times)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Oh dear...world's gone bonkers again..

Have to be honest I didn't"t get much past the first few lines.  Hope I didn't miss anything worth knowing.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Mount Snowdon - I ask you?
I have been up there in 55mph driving drizzle and zero visibility - can their pod do that?
Solvitur Ambulando

archaeoroutes

• Veteran Member
Looking at it, it's just a photo-op. However, the idea is sound. After all, good shoe fitting places have rock-strewn slopes to walk up and many climbing shoe outlets have in indoor wall.
It's perfectly feasible to cool a room well below zero. Put showers in the room to create rain. Then fans to generate wind. Oh, and turn the lights off. In fact, there was a documentary where they put (Eddie Izzard?) in a wind tunnel used for testing aircraft parts against icing to test neolithic clothing replicas.
Actually, it could be great for stemming the tide of unprepared and badly-kitted visitors.
Walking routes visiting ancient sites in Britain's uplands: http://www.archaeoroutes.co.uk

Jac

• Veteran Member
...and turn them round several times so they don't know which way they're facing?
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy